Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fao Techie Types

Burning Feet Man

Hi guys,

Firstly im after some info on changing a clutch on a Gen7 140. A step-by-step guide with pictures would be ideal, though i dont expect it exists :( Anyway, i have the workshop manual but the pictures are attrocious. The workshop manual suggest that you near enough have to remove the engine to change the clutch, is that really necessary? I've been told you only need to remove the passenger (or was it drivers :P ) side wheel and then the driveshaft and you can do it through this way?

Now im an engineer by trade so im certainly capable of carrying out this task, i just like to know exactly what im facing before i dive in. Also, cars are not my speciality so my terminology is not 100% so if ya can make it clear what bits your on about its even better for me ;)

Secondly, i have noticed an increase in the oil consumption of my poor car, i believe it to be the beginnings of the dreaded oil consumption problem. Im not sure this is something i can tackle myself, it would probably be better just to pay somebody to fix it for me?

What sort of price does Mr T charge to fix this and what exactly am i needing done? Can anyone recommend somebody who will do a proper job for me? I really dont want some cowboy touching my car and charging me for something they haven't done :(

Lastly

Thanks for reading my long boring post, and thank you for any replies.

BFM

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links