Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Silicon Rectifier.(advice Needed.)

XJ900

Hello,Not sure what section to put this in & I realise that this question isn't a Toyota question really, but I reckon the "Electronic Boffins" on here should be able to help me out, they seem very good. :nerd:

A Silicon Rectifier (Goes by other names aswell.) fitted in the Neutral & Clutch Electrical Circuits.(12volt)

It prevents the Neutral light from illuminating each time the clutch lever is pulled in.

I know this is the problem as I "borrowed" one off anothervehicle & everything worked ok.

Anyway my question is that to buy one of these little sods costs around £15 but they sell Silicon Rectifiers at Maplin for pennies.

I did see pics of someone online who put some of these (from RadioShack) in place of the O.E one, but there was no description.

What I need to know is what size of Silicon Rectifier should I get?

:

This bike forum would be your best option for an answer.

http://www.honda-forums.com/index.php

I realise that JB, It's just that I'm on here, I'm a member, & there seems to be some clued up "Electronic Types" on here,

& at the end of the day electrics are electrics

& I'm sure someone on here with a rudimentary understanding of vehicle electrics could help me.

I will check elsewhere ,& have asked elsewhere but they just seem to say "Buy an original new one".

:help:

This bike forum would be your best option for an answer.

http://www.honda-forums.com/index.php

I realise that JB, It's just that I'm on here, I'm a member, & there seems to be some clued up "Electronic Types" on here,

& at the end of the day electrics are electrics

& I'm sure someone on here with a rudimentary understanding of vehicle electrics could help me.

I will check elsewhere ,& have asked elsewhere but they just seem to say "Buy an original new one".

:help:

You would probably be best to follow the advice given and "Buy an original new one" as the original item will be sure to be the correct spec and rating for your sons bike.

If you buy a cheap no named pattern part you just might end up paying a lot more when or if things go wrong :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links