Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Used 2008 Yaris 1.3 Tr Purchase

Gazzagadget

I have put a deposit down on a used 1.3 yaris 5 door TR registered 31/03/08. The car has only done 9200miles and appears to be fine except for a clicking clutch pedal and poor gear change from 1st to 2nd when cold. This is not the same click you get when you fully depress the pedal and hit the starting micro switch, but much further up the pedal's travel. It seems to be coming from the pedal or the master cylinder. The dealer is sending the car to a Toyota dealer to have them check out the clicking. I see there are few people who have these problems on this forum link below

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...=78097&st=0

I didn't notice any gearchange or clutch slip/judder issues on my 2nd test drives, although on the first drive it was a cold morning and the gears didn't engage as smoothly as this weekend when it was warmer but then the clutch pedal was not clicking on the first drive. I didn't try reverse.

The inconsistent gear change is very similar to my 52 plate Corolla better in the warm weather. Should I be concerned that this Yaris may cause me problems in the future? I have placed a £500 deposit on the car which I pick up on Saturday. I am thinking of intercepting the car when Honda send it to the Toyota dealer this week to get their views on it. I will also ask if it has had any previous warrenty work carried out. As mentioned before I have had a Corrolla Tspirit 52 plate from new and have had a few issues with oil leaks (still have one) and a noisy engine, squeeky barke, but the car has now done 45,000 miles, burns little oil and generally reliable. The customer and dealer support has been second to none which is why we opted for a Yaris for my wife. Hope this was the right move?

Any thoughts chaps?

I have put a deposit down on a used 1.3 yaris 5 door TR at a Honda dealer registered 31/03/08. The car has only done 9200miles and appears to be fine except for a clicking clutch pedal. This is not the same click you get when you fully depress the pedal and hit the starting micro switch, but much further up the pedal's travel. It seems to be coming from the pedal or the master cylinder. The dealer is sending the car to a Toyota dealer to have them check out the clicking. Any ideas?

I also notice a lot of posts on different forums with regards to clutch & gearbox issues on this model. I didn't notice any gearchange or clutch slip/judder issues on my two test drives, although on the first drive it was a cold morning and the gears didn't engage as smoothly as this weekend when it was warmer but then the clutch pedal was not clicking on the first drive. I didn't try reverse.

The inconsistent gear change is very similar to my 52 plate Corolla better in the warm weather. Should I be concerned that this Yaris may cause me problems in the future? I have only placed a £500 deposit on the car whic I pick up on Saturday. I am thinking of intercepting the car when Honda send it to the Toyota dealer this week to get their views on it. I will also ask if it has had any previous warrenty work carried out. As mentioned before I have had a Corrolla Tspirit 52 plate from new and have had a few issues with oil leaks (still have one) and a noisy engine, squeeky barke, but the car has now done 45,000 miles, burns little oil and generally reliable. The customer and dealer support has been second to none which is why we opted for a Yaris for my wife. Hope this was the right move?

Any thoughts chaps?

Is it Tacuma Grey? If so it could be the shed that my wife used to own........ avoid at all costs.

Don't think you should have many things wrong with it. Only thing I would say is that im sure that age of car had a recall on it...might want to double check on that one but if so then its probably worth checking if the remedial work has been done. My dad's been running exactly the same car (1.3 TR) for just over a year - with a stupid amount of miles on the clock already :oops: - and its been bullet proof. As for the clicking pedal, loose cabling or something? If the car has been looked after properly and not thrased should be fine! :)

Stacked with problems and incompetent / uncaring dealers in my experience. Another web site (www.roadtestreports.co.uk) has 16 of 37 reviewers giving one star ratings.

Time to take off the Yaris tinted specs!

Stacked with problems and incompetent / uncaring dealers in my experience. Another web site (www.roadtestreports.co.uk) has 16 of 37 reviewers giving one star ratings.

My experience has been totally different to yours, I've had my Yaris for 20 months with absolutely no problems and I'm delighted both with the car and the dealer. However I did note from the site that you give that most the people who are happy with their car (5 stars happy) seem to be mainly owners of the diesel.

Sorry that you've had a bad experience with your Yaris but you can't say that because you have had a bad experience everyone else with the car has. Admittedly there are faults with it, but 12 reviews on that website gave it 5 stars, so it can't be all that bad can it? Dealers on the other hand I can agree with to an extent actually, when picking up my dads new car we saw the mechanics burning rubber outside the workshop, although they were very thourough in their customer care department from what i've heard from the old man! ;)

I have put a deposit down on a used 1.3 yaris 5 door TR registered 31/03/08. The car has only done 9200miles and appears to be fine except for a clicking clutch pedal and poor gear change from 1st to 2nd when cold. This is not the same click you get when you fully depress the pedal and hit the starting micro switch, but much further up the pedal's travel. It seems to be coming from the pedal or the master cylinder. The dealer is sending the car to a Toyota dealer to have them check out the clicking. I see there are few people who have these problems on this forum link below

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...=78097&st=0

I didn't notice any gearchange or clutch slip/judder issues on my 2nd test drives, although on the first drive it was a cold morning and the gears didn't engage as smoothly as this weekend when it was warmer but then the clutch pedal was not clicking on the first drive. I didn't try reverse.

The inconsistent gear change is very similar to my 52 plate Corolla better in the warm weather. Should I be concerned that this Yaris may cause me problems in the future? I have placed a £500 deposit on the car which I pick up on Saturday. I am thinking of intercepting the car when Honda send it to the Toyota dealer this week to get their views on it. I will also ask if it has had any previous warrenty work carried out. As mentioned before I have had a Corrolla Tspirit 52 plate from new and have had a few issues with oil leaks (still have one) and a noisy engine, squeeky barke, but the car has now done 45,000 miles, burns little oil and generally reliable. The customer and dealer support has been second to none which is why we opted for a Yaris for my wife. Hope this was the right move?

Any thoughts chaps?

I've got the Yaris SR 08 Reg. Bought it brand new and I have recently noticed rattling from the exhaust and dealer said it was nothing but when the technician was driving it round to see what the noise was he said there was clicking from the clutch when pulling off but and they didn't say anything more about that so assume it's nothing to worry about.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links