Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Still Need Some Help, Think Its Still Poorly!

CoCo24

hi guys, just to start off thanks for the help with the bolts, got them today and actually done them today. thought it would have been a harder job than it was.

but got a few more questions for you.

1. after fitting them should you wait a little before trying to get the lift (hitting 5000rpm or more?)

2. or should you feel the diference straight away??

3. did someone say that sometimes people dont feel the lift but its still there?

anymore help will be great people.

coco :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Mate best thing i can suggest now is, take the car for a drive and try and hit lift but video it for us. We can tell you if its running fine or if there really is a problem. You cannot feel the lift kick in the compressor but there will be a difference in sound.

Mate best thing i can suggest now is, take the car for a drive and try and hit lift but video it for us. We can tell you if its running fine or if there really is a problem. You cannot feel the lift kick in the compressor but there will be a difference in sound.

i have noticed the different sound in it.

just didnt know if you could go up that far just after putting them in.

i used to feel the kick before but might have gotten to used to it ;)

i have noticed the different sound in it.

just didnt know if you could go up that far just after putting them in.

i used to feel the kick before but might have gotten to used to it ;)

p.s to the vidio bit because im thick. in the car or driving past? :help:

also thinking about it im using 97 petrol is that good enought, normally fill in total, Shell, bp but always use the high stuff.

i know im a pain in the ***** but would restting the comp be an idea?

tips and hits would be made thankful.

sorry i know im a pian just wanna get it sorted

In the car will be better as we then get the build up of the engine note and then the changeover too, whereas outside the car driving past it will be pointless as you will be gone and past before we can discern anything.

As for the lift bolts, they are good to use as soon as they are fitted. As a point of interest (to some people I guess - when I changed my bolts, there was no kick when hitting lift in 1st gear (in a normal TS). After a dozen or so goes, though, the kick came back and felt slightly stronger than before. As has been stated though, the compressor is supposed to smooth out the kick, and I guess if you could feel it, the supercharger isn't doing its job properly.

EDIT 1: I believe the Compressor has to run on 98 or higher RON fuel, so 97 doesn't cut it. Basically you are looking at Shell V-Power or Tesco Super. BP Ultimate is expensive and rubbish and doesn't have a high enough RON either.

EDIT 2: Resetting the ECU certainly won't do the car any harm and can often be beneficial - especially if you are having fueling issues.

In the car will be better as we then get the build up of the engine note and then the changeover too, whereas outside the car driving past it will be pointless as you will be gone and past before we can discern anything.

As for the lift bolts, they are good to use as soon as they are fitted. As a point of interest (to some people I guess - when I changed my bolts, there was no kick when hitting lift in 1st gear (in a normal TS). After a dozen or so goes, though, the kick came back and felt slightly stronger than before. As has been stated though, the compressor is supposed to smooth out the kick, and I guess if you could feel it, the supercharger isn't doing its job properly.

EDIT 1: I believe the Compressor has to run on 98 or higher RON fuel, so 97 doesn't cut it. Basically you are looking at Shell V-Power or Tesco Super. BP Ultimate is expensive and rubbish and doesn't have a high enough RON either.

EDIT 2: Resetting the ECU certainly won't do the car any harm and can often be beneficial - especially if you are having fueling issues.

thanks fella, ill try the fuel next time i fill up go for some good stuff.

another thing would it be an idea to try it up and down in 1st for a couple of times see if that makes any difference?

how do you reset the comp?

thanks

another thing would it be an idea to try it up and down in 1st for a couple of times see if that makes any difference?

thanks

Either unplug the Battery, pull the correct fuses in the engine bay next to the Battery (no idea which ones) or turn the key in the ignition so the dash lights come on but the engine doesn't start, then plant your foot on the accelerator until you get a beep or a flash or something like that.

thanks

Either unplug the Battery, pull the correct fuses in the engine bay next to the Battery (no idea which ones) or turn the key in the ignition so the dash lights come on but the engine doesn't start, then plant your foot on the accelerator until you get a beep or a flash or something like that.

thanks fella, ill give it a go and let you know when i have, problem is i've just filled it at total, so ill be back soon to let you know.

If its been run on 97 and it needs 98, then you could have changed the lift bolts for nothing! Get that 97 burnt off fill her with 98+ use some up and then reset the ECU and go for another drive.

If it needs 98+ and you dont fill it with 98+ surely it aint going to work properly!!!

If its been run on 97 and it needs 98, then you could have changed the lift bolts for nothing! Get that 97 burnt off fill her with 98+ use some up and then reset the ECU and go for another drive.

If it needs 98+ and you dont fill it with 98+ surely it aint going to work properly!!!

burning it off shouldn't take long.

Remember lift wont work until the car engine is warmed up properly..dont just get in a cold car and go for lift it wont work and you will damage your engine..

hi, 97 ron works fine i had to put it in mine whilst in north devon last year and drove 300 miles and there was no power diff what so ever or any pinking,i notice a very slight change in mine over 5,000 rpm but you can miss it most of the time no kick at all.the compressor is a continuose blast of power well mine is anyway.hope this helps.

woodyatlarge; i never go for lift when its cold always make sure its nice and warm

tccom; thanks for that, ill try it on some higher stuff then see how we go from there i quess.

As said before i reckon your used to the power, if the sounds there then lift is kicking in. I have sat in two compressors you cannot feel the lift, very very smooth pull through only thing that changes is sound. You feel a slight but i mean very slight kick.

If you have someone sit in the car and take it to the limiter whilst videoing it i will be able to tell if its normal. As everyone else said, give the petrol a full flush. Run it to reserve and give it two full tank fill ups with V power.

Once done fill up again with v power, go to engine bay open fuse box and remove two 15amp fuses, or disconect the Battery for around 20 mins. That should reset ecu!

Then take a video again whilst throttling it.

As said before i reckon your used to the power, if the sounds there then lift is kicking in. I have sat in two compressors you cannot feel the lift, very very smooth pull through only thing that changes is sound. You feel a slight but i mean very slight kick.

If you have someone sit in the car and take it to the limiter whilst videoing it i will be able to tell if its normal. As everyone else said, give the petrol a full flush. Run it to reserve and give it two full tank fill ups with V power.

Once done fill up again with v power, go to engine bay open fuse box and remove two 15amp fuses, or disconect the battery for around 20 mins. That should reset ecu!

Then take a video again whilst throttling it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links