Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! Advice Needed On Import Of Hiace To Sweden!

Emma16

Hello!!!

I'm trying to bring my Toyota HiAce to Sweden from UK. It was first registered in Japan in 1992, brought to UK and registered in 2006 and now I've moved to Sweden.

It recently failed it's Swedish registration as certain measurements were missing - tank capacity; max loaded weight; horse power and max axel weight capacity.

Apparently these details should be on the Certificate of Confirmity....but having spoken to Toyota GB (who were extremely helpful and quick in replying...unlike the DVLA who I haven't heard from yet) this certificate doesn't exist and the information is not recorded because it was over 10 years when it was imported to GB...and apparently there's a 10 year rule!

I have suggested this to the Swedish registration but they need the details to get it registered here.

Does anyone have any tips?

Does anyone have a similar vehicle (ie HiAce campervan 1992) with these measurements?

HELP!!!!! As my van is mechanically sound (and quite frankly, brilliant!) I don't want to lose it!!! It seems ridiculous to scrap it just for a bit of information that must be out there somewhere!!!

I really hope someone can help! Anyone know about this 10 year import rule? As it's an EU ruling, surely it's got to be the same in Sweden (as Sweden is in EU).

Apparently Toyota Japan only keeps records on vehicles for 10 years...so no info there either!

Fingers crossed some one can help me!!

Thanks!!

Emma

Would the details as printed in the owners manual be good enough to register it. http://www.spam.com/Hiace.html

Hi Andy!!

Thanks for the reply!

Couldn't get the link working, but it gave me a few ideas for more searching! (Still nothing yet tho!!)

I'm e-mailing 1992 HiAce owners at the moment to see if they've got these stats!

Thanks again!

Emma

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links