Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need To Get The Other Half Into A Toyota

Leeky

Morning all :)

The other half has a dodgy old 1.4 pug 306 which i hate having to keep fixing :censor:

She's agree'd to come over to the world of Toyota and wants an MR2 (SW20) but im not so sure this is going to be the best car for her.

Firstly she has only ever owned FWD cars her whole life and although she seems quite happy driving my supra i do worry about her in a RWD car.

So i think if she is going to go RWD an MR2 isnt the best choice in my opinion as the engine is in the wrong end and the wheelbase is too short. Its not a very forgiving car if you get the back end out.

I personally think she'd be best off getting a Gen 6 Celica GT ST202 or a Paseo.

I think her budget is going to be around £700 and its gotta be able to do 30mpg. A practical boot would also help.

Any suggestions?

Yeah i'll see what she thinks. Im starting to sway towards the ST202, as they are the same price as Paseo's and i think she really wanted to get a 2ltr. Im gonna do a few insurance quotes for her now on an ST202 and an SW20.

Yeah paseo's are only cheap and the insurance is cheap too, but at 11.2 seconds to sixty they arent mega fast, although quicker then her 306, I picked mine up for 550 quid, if she hasn't got one before JAE and is there she is welcome to take it for a spin :)

I looked at celicas but my insurance wouldnt cover me on one (swift cover are useless unless you are 25, which I am in 2 months)

Get her a Supra :P

Paseo is a great choice.... anythings better than an Urgh-geot. I'd be tempted by the Gen 6 Celica though myself....

I've been trying to get Tony to switch from his 206 for a long time.... but as far as Toyota goes, there is nothing in the current range that tempts him in any way shape or form.... he's leaning towards VW or Alfa and to be honest, so am I! :(

How much are Seras these days?

Its the kinda wierd car I could see Karen driving lol (in the nicest possible way)

Are MX-5s out? CRX?

I know, as I check them out from time to time. :(

Seras from dealerships are usually 2 - 3k as you say, while seemingly equally good private sales seem to be a lot lower.

Could never understand why, unless it is the guarantee.

Alot lower? where? From all the ones I have seen in the past few months the lowest has been 1,995.00 and apparently they are going up in price.

Theres one for sale on JapNorthEast for 800 quid but is a cat c as needs a bonnet, bumper light

Alot lower? where? From all the ones I have seen in the past few months the lowest has been 1,995.00 and apparently they are going up in price.

Theres one for sale on JapNorthEast for 800 quid but is a cat c as needs a bonnet, bumper light

Well, this one is still on 8 bids @£521 with 4 days &18 hours to go :lol: Will keep an eye on it ;)

I know that there will probably be a last minute flurry of bids.

Still the same price :D

Both doors are open & can't see any props. :unsure:

Saw a few at a vintage rally here last year. 1 had a "For Sale" notice & can't remember the price. Only the driver's door was up & I tested the other. As I suspected, it slowly dropped. Not a major problem though. :P

:offtopic: My daughter's Fella sent a good friend to look at a car for him [non Toyota :angry: ] & apparently it was a minter. Said friend bought it for himself. How low can you get :ffs:

She'd standing firm on an SW20 :lol:

For her own safety though she is getting a non turbo :lol:

Here's a wierd idea... What about a REV3 SW20 with the 3S-GE for the handling, and do an engine swap for a 3S-FE? I'm sure you could find someone with a 3S-FE whould do you a straight swap, maybe with some cash in your direction?

It'd probably end up being a lot of work in your direction, but she gets what she wants, and you get some satisfaction knowing she is in a less powerful car and therefore less likely to do herself some damage...

Or, get a REV3, and bung up the air intake :lol:

Well, this one is still on 8 bids @£521 with 4 days &18 hours to go :lol: Will keep an eye on it ;)

I know that there will probably be a last minute flurry of bids.

£620 now :lol: 10 bids & 1 day 14 hours left :thumbsup: Reserve not met & :nono: I'm not the Seller :D

Friend of mine is selling a UK Rev1 SW20 T-Bar for £700 which has had pretty much everything replaced on it. I think we're gonna go for this :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links