Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rusty Wheel Nuts Already!

EmzIQ

Evening!

I really don't know if I am being picky as it's my first car but I wondered if anyone had any advice!

I got my brand new Aygo Platinum in March and have noticed all the wheel nuts are now all rusty and orange! Surely this isn't right! Makes my wheels look disgusting! Me being me I have now spotted older aygos and have found that the wheels on them are still perfect!

Should I go back to my toyota dealer or am I being over the top haha?

Thanks!

Em x

Evening!

I really don't know if I am being picky as it's my first car but I wondered if anyone had any advice!

I got my brand new Aygo Platinum in March and have noticed all the wheel nuts are now all rusty and orange! Surely this isn't right! Makes my wheels look disgusting! Me being me I have now spotted older aygos and have found that the wheels on them are still perfect!

Should I go back to my toyota dealer or am I being over the top haha?

Thanks!

Em x

They will be replaced......no questions asked.....

This has been reported by several owners on here and the dealers will replace them under warranty, as VSD said :thumbsup:

Just make sure they don't treat you like a token woman and attempt to brush things off.... they tried that with me before and I think they have it on file to not bother in future! lol Stand your ground and you'll get what you want :yes:

Nice to see another Em on the boards too - and another Em who owns an Aygo to boot (scuse the pun) lol! :thumbsup:

This has been reported by several owners on here and the dealers will replace them under warranty, as VSD said :thumbsup:

Just make sure they don't treat you like a token woman and attempt to brush things off.... they tried that with me before and I think they have it on file to not bother in future! lol Stand your ground and you'll get what you want :yes:

Nice to see another Em on the boards too - and another Em who owns an Aygo to boot (scuse the pun) lol! :thumbsup:

Thanks for that (VSD too!) I will give them a ring tomorrow! They have already tried to fob me off once and it didnt work so I am hoping they're nicer to me this time! It's just not something I expected to happen to me lil car :P

I will stand my ground indeed haha!

Yey Em's rock :D

x

They will be replaced......no questions asked.....

Even after allmost 40.000mi! At least mine were replaced a couple of weeks ago.

Didn't even have to ask; they just did so as part of a service/end of warranty inspection...

Good luck with that. When mine went in for a service in April Toyotaworld refused to change the rusty wheel nuts

I must say that I was surprised too. I knew the bols were rusty, but since they still

held on the wheels the way they should I didn't even mention it at my service.

Still they DID replace them under warranty! Then again, they also changed my

steeringcolumn to eliminate a sound when turning, but that was unsuccesful...

Still they DID replace them under warranty! Then again, they also changed my

steeringcolumn to eliminate a sound when turning, but that was unsuccesful...

what sound ? is it like a metal click ?

wheel nuts are replaced under warranty by all of mrT,s dealers

they only stipulate that it has to be a customer complaint

what sound ? is it like a metal click ?

It wasn't realy a click, but a "iiiiieeeeeuuuuwwww".

http://gallery.me.com/janvdwouw#100019

They just fixed it yesterday; a rubber on the steering rack had dried out.

But to get to it from inside the car they had to undo some stuff in the engine bay...

[edit]

Well, I take that last paragraph back: they didn't fix it at all...

I went to a DIY-shop just now and when I parked my car I heard the sound yet again!

So I closed my windows and shut off the A/C to have a good listen and found even

MORE sound coming into the cabin. AFAICT the grommet-like contraption around the

steering shaft on the fire wall is loose, but I'm not touching it anymore.

My dealer is getting an email that thay have ONE more chance

to fix it and the I'm going over their heads, straight to the importer...

[/edit]

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links