Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Some Questions On Yts

corollawew

Just got myself a blue T-Sport, 2001 'Y', only 25,000 miles, in mint condition, £6600 from a Honda garage!!

Did have a SR but had an unfortunate accident round a sharp corner a few weeks back!

Chuffed to bits with the car, its far faster than the SR, with much better handling and the interior is much sportier, some nice additional touches all around.

Got a few questions tho -

1. I got a minidisc player to fit in it but will it disable the clock, mpg and temperature readings??????????

2. I got two little body coloured tweeters just inside from where the side view mirrors are. Are these standard?? They've got 'Type R' written on them???!!!

3 Finally, are the Yokohama tyres standard? The SR had dunlops

The after market minidisc player won't disable the clock, the temp guage or the mpg reading but it will not say CD anymore!!!

I don't think the tweeters are standard although don't take my word 4 it and i don't think the Tsport comes with Yokohama's as standard!!!

Hope i've helped!!! :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Is fitting the haed unit easy?? I have printed off some instuctions and they tell you to buy a connector from haldfords. do you just plug in and go??

I have two 10" round pioneer 400w Speakers and a 200w sony xplod sub(built in amp)

to put in it, will that cause any problems??

I've been looking at a Yaris T Sport near me on a Y Plate and its also got Yokohamas on (A539s - strangely I'd chosen these for my last car - Starlet SR - give good grip compared to the Continental EuroSportContacts it had originally come with which weren't great round corners/sliproads, etc.). The dealer (Toyota one) said they come as standard so I'd say so. Kinda makes sense considering Yokohama are a Japanese company and the T Sports are made out there.

No idea about the other stuff.

I've been looking at a Yaris T Sport near me on a Y Plate and its also got Yokohamas on (A539s - strangely I'd chosen these for my last car - Starlet SR - give good grip compared to the Continental EuroSportContacts it had originally come with which weren't great round corners/sliproads, etc.).  The dealer (Toyota one) said they come as standard so I'd say so.  Kinda makes sense considering Yokohama are a Japanese company and the T Sports are made out there. 

No idea about the other stuff.

It seems to depend where u buy your tsport. Here in Finland it comes with Bridgestone Potenza 040. These r quite nice set. I'd like 2 have those in 17" but they r !Removed! expensive!

- P

i think the Yoko's are std on the Yaris (in the Uk at least) but they are pricey! i don't know about the bridgestones on the YTS but on the s2000 there superb dry weather grip, pretty dodgy on wet roads though. Tyre wear on both yoko's and Bridgestone are not good though.

My mrs's last set of yoko's lasted here about 15-20k but that we be considerably less if you drive like a nutter! my bridgestones will probably only last me about 10-15k so i've heard cos they use a much harder compound once they get down to about 2-3mm hence loss in grip! apparently!

I've heard the Goodyear eagle F1's are a good compromise between wet weather and dry grip but you can't get them for the std 15's! not in the GSD3's anyhow!

i think u'll find the type R tweeters are air freshners twist the edge left or rite and they shud come open and revel a soft pad ive seen these before, dont rely on me tho they mite be tweeters!

I did find the Yoko's expensive when I first came to buy them, but last time I checked Demon Tweeks would do them for £195 for a full set including fitting and tracking, so thats not too bad. Haven't seen Eagle F1's to compare prices. If just generally speaking of tyres though the worst wearing I know of are Pirelli P3000's - friend had them on his Corsa and they only last about 6000 miles! :blink:

Yea i think the type R things are air fresheners iv seen them in Halfords!!!any wires???

I have a yaris SR on yokohoma 195/50/R15 rubber bands!

i believe they are on there originaly!!mine was made in japan but not an import!!

i dont think they offer much real grip when its wet in fact id say they were pretty poor in wet conditions!!!

I wont have them on my t sport when i get it!!!

CB

t-sports in this country come with the potenzas as standard

mini disc should drop in nice and easy if ya follow the write ups in workshop submissions

t-sports in this country come with the potenzas as standard

mini disc should drop in nice and easy if ya follow the write ups in workshop submissions

Also the standard Yaris T Sport comes with 185/55/15 where the SR model comes with 195/50/15. Strange that. That the SR model comes with bigger tyres than the T Sport :o

jerry!!

Hi My YTS 02 came with Yoko's as standard and I have fitted an MD changer in my boot - it doesn't affect the display at all and shows which MD is playing - also my standard fitted CD player also still works and still displays that CD is playing.

Hope this helps

Kaz :thumbsup:

Yeah, ive been meaning to bring this up........

Why is it the SR has bigger tyres than the T Sport?

Very confusing!! :wacko:

well i never knew that!

Having seen that Yaris again the other day, I realised why my experience of Yoko's was different. They're A032R's not A539's. Plus as is said they're 185/55R/15s whereas the Starlet had 195/45R15s, nicer lower profile. From reading info on the A032Rs they good in the dry and give good grip because they're a soft compound but not so great in the wet, and wear quicker than most tyres, whereas the A539s are made using a Silica Compound which means they give good grip in the dry and equally good grip in the wet, plus because of the compound use tyre life is good.

Having seen that Yaris again the other day, I realised why my experience of Yoko's was different. They're A032R's not A539's. Plus as is said they're 185/55R/15s whereas the Starlet had 195/45R15s, nicer lower profile. From reading info on the A032Rs they good in the dry and give good grip because they're a soft compound but not so great in the wet, and wear quicker than most tyres, whereas the A539s are made using a Silica Compound which means they give good grip in the dry and equally good grip in the wet, plus because of the compound use tyre life is good.

Hey a man who know's his rubber ;)

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links