Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aftermarket Turbo In Hilux 5l

My Lux

Hey guys I own a 97 toyota hilux 5L 3.0ltr diesel. I want to install a turbo for it, but i dont want to spend the big bucks to get a brand new kit. I currently have a mitsubishi tdo4 turbo charger, but am not sure how i can go about getting all the other gear needed.. Also i saw a second hand DTS turbo kit on a 3L 2.8 litre hilux at a wreckers. was wondering if mabye this could fit my car? Any help will be appreciated. thanks

My Lux

Hey guys I own a 97 toyota hilux 5L 3.0ltr diesel. I want to install a turbo for it, but i dont want to spend the big bucks to get a brand new kit. I currently have a mitsubishi tdo4 turbo charger, but am not sure how i can go about getting all the other gear needed.. Also i saw a second hand DTS turbo kit on a 3L 2.8 litre hilux at a wreckers. was wondering if mabye this could fit my car? Any help will be appreciated. thanks

My Lux

get a turbo off a smurf doesnt matter if its a 3.0l or a 2.4 ....youll need the inlet manifol and the exhaust manofold, egr,low and high pressure piping .

a tourbo boost valve cn be fiited..but best to install a boost guage and pyrometer to check the exhaust gas temp and boost pressure.....up the exhaust pipe to 3" and block off the egr .....this is a straight forward mod that will make a big difference

• 5 weeks later...

My Lux

get a turbo off a smurf doesnt matter if its a 3.0l or a 2.4 ....youll need the inlet manifol and the exhaust manofold, egr,low and high pressure piping .

a tourbo boost valve cn be fiited..but best to install a boost guage and pyrometer to check the exhaust gas temp and boost pressure.....up the exhaust pipe to 3" and block off the egr .....this is a straight forward mod that will make a big difference

i have a 2.5 hilux d4d i just bought in 2009. i wanted to try and block the egr valve but not sure which one is it and how the simplest way to do it, just for testing purposes for crying out loud. i notice some post saying that it will make the turbo spool faster and m keen on trying it. i had done it once but dissappointed becoz probably i got the wrong hose! the engine light went Onn and i had to link up the hose to the egr again originally.

can some one please help me. if you have some pix for reference that would've been much help.thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links