Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Brake Pads Parts Missing

mintor

HI all been having trouble with d4d rav been making a clunking noise on drivers side wheel when reversing also does on forward movment not as much after short trip goes. ad apart to check for rust as anchorman said not much rust . what i did find was no anti rattle shims on any pads and no anti rattle springs only pins that hold pads in place. pads replaced before i got truck any help rav is 2003 d4d 3 door 2.0 lt

HI all been having trouble with d4d rav been making a clunking noise on drivers side wheel when reversing also does on forward movment not as much after short trip goes. ad apart to check for rust as anchorman said not much rust . what i did find was no anti rattle shims on any pads and no anti rattle springs only pins that hold pads in place. pads replaced before i got truck any help rav is 2003 d4d 3 door 2.0 lt

It doesn't take much rust or run out to make them clunk (stops when you press the brake) but yest the clips need to be replaced. You could try a motor factor but I think Kingo might be your quickest bet. If the calipers are worn on the pad abutments like this;

IMG_1732-2.jpg

....you will have to replace them. I think I paid about £60 inc VAT for these but they came with all the clips and accessories. I think the accessories alone are about £30-£40 which makes a big hole in the cost of calipers. TBH the rear calipers on the 4.2s are a weak spot and in my experience when they start clunking the only solution is pads, discs and calipers. It isn't a huge job (but will keep you quiet for an afternoon!) but it is definitive in curing it. Any of those parts will improve things but will the old parts will cause accelerated wear of the new.

This is the new parts at the final stages;

IMG_1749-2.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links