Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm In France & Headlight Bulb Has Blown.

Wiilm

I don't believe it, never had this happen on any car before.

I carry a spare bulb kit and have some tools with me but can't see how to get at the damn thing to replace it.

Avensis 2004 - Battery side, low beam gone. Other side is o'k.

I don't believe it, never had this happen on any car before.

I carry a spare bulb kit and have some tools with me but can't see how to get at the damn thing to replace it.

Avensis 2004 - Battery side, low beam gone. Other side is o'k.

Remove the Battery retaining bar, lift the Battery and move it to the left without disconnecting it. You will then have room to get your hand in to remove the grey plastic cover, connector, wire spring and bulb.

Fitter.

Great! thanks a bundle Fitter :thumbsup:

I also found this other post of yours detaIing how, after I asked yesterday.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...st&p=801101

Took me about 20 mins, but I could do it in 10 next time (hopefully won't have to) it is actually quite easy thanks to your instructions.

I found that getting the cover lined up and back on properly is more difficult than changing and fitting the bulb.

I have a second spare bulb left from a AA Avensis bulb kit but thought I'd see what the Toyota dealer here was charging for one................... 17 euros :P

So you can change an Avensis bulb by the roadside, but it is still a stupid design.

ps O/T does the onboard stereo require a code to operate it again, if the Battery were disconnected ?

pps I'd like to thank Macdonalds france for their free wifi service.

Hey Wiilm

I see your in france. what have you done to your headlights as to not blind other drivers over there?

Did you tape over some of the headlight and if so can you take a picture of them ,as they say a pictures worth a thousand words

ta

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Wiilm

I see your in france. what have you done to your headlights as to not blind other drivers over there?

Did you tape over some of the headlight and if so can you take a picture of them ,as they say a pictures worth a thousand words

ta

I bought a stick on kit it is a circle which is aligned to the dimple, can't remember exactly where offhand as car is a walk away - it came with a diagram for lots of cars including later avensis models

If I can organise it I'll upload a picture, don't hold your breathe though, depends on internet availability.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links