Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2001 2.0 D4d

Saj

Hi,

This is my first post :). My knowledge of cars mechanics is basic but i'm pretty good once I know how.

I want to know if my rear brake disk have brake shoes inside them. I removed the rear wheel over the weekend to see, and

I saw that there were small disk pads (like front brakes). I removed the metal braket (caliper if that what there called) and the pads had a small spring with 2 arms that looked if they were pushed against the brake caliper.

After reading a guide a post here, I was wondering if my car has brake shoes inside the rear disks?

I hope this makes sence.

Saj

Ahh :)

I was a little confused with the pads, and the avensis have what looks like small sping at the back of the claipers (not the pads springs). Which looked like they worked with the hand brake.

They have changed a lot since our carine e (1994).

I'm having my brake cable replaced, and I think it would be better if i had the brake shoes done at the same time.

Do you need to screw in the piston on the rear brake holder, so that you can put new pads in? Or can you just use a G-clamp to press the piston into its housing?

Ahh :)

I was a little confused with the pads, and the avensis have what looks like small sping at the back of the claipers (not the pads springs). Which looked like they worked with the hand brake.

They have changed a lot since our carine e (1994).

I'm having my brake cable replaced, and I think it would be better if i had the brake shoes done at the same time.

Do you need to screw in the piston on the rear brake holder, so that you can put new pads in? Or can you just use a G-clamp to press the piston into its housing?

Where does the cable go to on the rear brakes? Does it go to a lever on the back of the caliper? or does it go into the rear of the hub through the backplate?

If it goes to the rear of the caliper (as my avensis gs does) the handbrake works via the disc pads and the piston has to be screwed back in to allow new pads to be fitted.

If it goes into the backplate, it has handbrake shoes inside the disc.

Where does the cable go to on the rear brakes? Does it go to a lever on the back of the caliper? or does it go into the rear of the hub through the backplate?

If it goes to the rear of the caliper (as my avensis gs does) the handbrake works via the disc pads and the piston has to be screwed back in to allow new pads to be fitted.

If it goes into the backplate, it has handbrake shoes inside the disc.

It goes to a lever.

Thanks QS :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links