Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Puncture

Upchuck

Hi all had a puncture at the weekend and had to use the little compresser and tyre weld which is supplied from factory, worked well and got me to the nearest garage, all was good untill i went into my main dealer this morning for the replacement tyre weld. they wanted £80+vat for the correct stuff which gos in the compresser. i think ill be making a trip to Halfords.

Hi all had a puncture at the weekend and had to use the little compresser and tyre weld which is supplied from factory, worked well and got me to the nearest garage, all was good untill i went into my main dealer this morning for the replacement tyre weld. they wanted £80+vat for the correct stuff which gos in the compresser. i think ill be making a trip to halfords.

Yeh that's the best bet. Toyotas prices are absolutely ridiculous! I was quoted £80 for an engine oil dipstick!! :lol:

Can you not just buy another tyre cheaply, or is your mind set on welding it?

Hi all had a puncture at the weekend and had to use the little compresser and tyre weld which is supplied from factory, worked well and got me to the nearest garage, all was good untill i went into my main dealer this morning for the replacement tyre weld. they wanted £80+vat for the correct stuff which gos in the compresser. i think ill be making a trip to halfords.

Yeh that's the best bet. Toyotas prices are absolutely ridiculous! I was quoted £80 for an engine oil dipstick!! :lol:

if its a puncture like a screw or nail, any tyre place will take it off and put a plug in it for about 25 quid - job done :)

if its a puncture like a screw or nail, any tyre place will take it off and put a plug in it for about 25 quid - job done :)

it was a screw, as i work in a main dealer (Nissan) repaired it myself for nothing : ) just couldnt believe the price of the tyre weld refill.

• 4 months later...

you can get a new puncture repair kit at screw fix page 756 in thire catalogue priced £39.99 it comes with compressor and sealant same as on the iq when new, its less money than main dealers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links