Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Guess What....?

AYGO59

.....My 3 month old AYGO is leaking...suprise suprise....one soaked rear footwell carpet.

I wonder why some don't and some do? It can't be a design flaw or else they would all do it. I can quite happily use a jet spray on mine and part of the rubber seal is worn away at the bottom of the door and it is still ok.

I think some Czech chap at the factory is putting them on wrong, I got a car when he wasn't doing a shift and the good Czech guy did mine. Thanks Petr !

They ought to do a product recall and sort it out once and for all.

Does anyone know the marketing manager name for Toyota UK? If you can get this name I suggest doing a roll call on here and sending a letter or email with all the names who have been affected by this to him or her.

Andy

I wonder why some don't and some do? It can't be a design flaw or else they would all do it. I can quite happily use a jet spray on mine and part of the rubber seal is worn away at the bottom of the door and it is still ok.

I think some Czech chap at the factory is putting them on wrong, I got a car when he wasn't doing a shift and the good Czech guy did mine. Thanks Petr !

They ought to do a product recall and sort it out once and for all.

Does anyone know the marketing manager name for Toyota UK? If you can get this name I suggest doing a roll call on here and sending a letter or email with all the names who have been affected by this to him or her.

Andy

You may be very close to the truth here Andy, my drivers door top seal looks a little out of shape but it does not leak at all...i think a phone call to Mulder & Scully is in order...THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE !!!!!

Haha, yeah I think a call to that pair is needed...going to phone Pinkstones Toyota first though :lol:

I was wondering the same, why do some leak within a week, some a month and some years and some never at all.....

Mike

*Just phoned the dealer, said my AYGO is like a sieve..it's going in on saturday for a test.

*Just phoned the dealer, said my AYGO is like a sieve..it's going in on saturday for a test.

I think they have to try and fix it first by law ... they tried to fix mine twice, after which the words 'fit for purpose' came into play. I have swopped my month old Aygo for a used Yaris!

Good luck... you don't need this hassle, do you?!?

I do find this weird, I dont deny that people have had this problem at all but I have two Aygos and never had a problem, I also run the 107 owners club and have never seen a reported problem of this ever in the few years I have been there, so if they are built in same factory to start where does the problem lie? very odd and needs sorting asap.

Took it in today so they could take a look and see what parts needed ordering...having new seals fitted in two weeks time as no courtesy cars are available untill then. Hope I don't drown in the time being :lol:

I found the service excellent as usual just a pity there is always a huge wait for a courtesy car.

Mike

Took it in today so they could take a look and see what parts needed ordering...having new seals fitted in two weeks time as no courtesy cars are available untill then. Hope I don't drown in the time being :lol:

I found the service excellent as usual just a pity there is always a huge wait for a courtesy car.

Mike

Just wondering why so many people are having to leave their car and go through the hassel of a courtesy car?

I had my Aygos door seals "fixed" a couple of weeks ago. At first Toyota said they needed my car for two days (!?!), after a little pressing from me they agreed to do it while I waited. In all it took just over an hour.

After all, how long does it take to spray water at a car, check where the leak is and fit a new seal (with a bit of white sealant squirted into the fitting groove)? I do appreciate sometimes the car needs drying out, but two days to fit seals...?

I think some Czech chap at the factory is putting them on wrong, I got a car when he wasn't doing a shift and the good Czech guy did mine.

A lot of the Aygos on this site seem to be "Friday afternoon" cars.

My own Aygo doesn't leak but my problems are slightly more serious than that. (See attachment)

post-45890-1262522391_thumb.jpg

Damn! That IS a serious problem. But that probably didn't happen at the factory ;)

The funny thing was, there was a small dent from a supermarket car-park on that door that I was eventually getting around to getting pulled out. Now I need a new door!

• 2 weeks later...

Update: My AYGO went in yesterday to have the leaks fixed, the dealer lent me a lovely IQ. I went to pick it up this morning and they said that the membranes behind the Speakers have been changed, roof aireal mounting taken off and resealed and the high level brake light resealed. I hope this fixes the problem. I am wondering why they havn't fitted the extra door seals that many people have had fitted? I hope it won't be another trip back! I suppose all I can do is keep an eye on it....

Service excellent as usual!

Spoke too soon...still leaking...back in on wednesday for additional seals to be fitted. They are lending me a Yaris 1.33 this time- wonder if I can drive the whole Toyoya range through this leaking problem :laughing:

Unfortunately the new Aygo is equally prone to leaking [as the old one] due to the same type of seals used.

When the car is new, the seals actually work a treat, but over time they become compact and squished. This means that the contact they have with the doors becomes less and less as the seal isn't as tight as it should be.

Ours goes in tomorrow for the full treatment :P

Still, doesn't detract from the ownership experience :)

Yep boths our aygos leaked one was from the door seal and the other came in from the back of the speaker. But mines leaking yet again but it only seems to do it when i travel after its rained.

Yep boths our aygos leaked one was from the door seal and the other came in from the back of the speaker. But mines leaking yet again but it only seems to do it when i travel after its rained.

Well generally works this way. =S

we noticed ours (second) has the seal weld at the top left - shouldn't this be in the middle at the bottom? leaks top left......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links