Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Won't Lock/unlock On Driver Side?

Somchart

The last week I have had some problems with the lock on the driver side door.

Unlocking the car at home works fine, but when I park the car and then locks the car it locks everything besides the driver side door. The mirror indicators does not flash as they usually do. Pressing "unlock" unlocks the doors, but pressing "lock" gives the same result as using the door handle on the drivers door.

Now, if I open the drivers door and manually locks the door it unlocks itself directly as a close the door! Having the drivers door closed and locking it by entering the car from the passengers door works! However, I can not unlock the car with the door handle or pressing "unlock".

After a lots of tries with open/closing the drivers door and locking/unlock the door from the inside and so on, the system always comes back working. Of course, no dealer has been open for business during the Holidays.

It is really annoying! Has anyone of you experienced anything similar?

My wife says it has to do with the weather being cold, the last week we have seen temperatures between -20 to -5 degrees C. Maybe my wife has right this time :)

I am not convinced it has to do with the cold weather because there is no problem open the door or operating the door handle.

No problems at all today, but I will give my dealer a ring...

Hello!

I have not any problems with door locks here in Finland, but I noticed that you cannot lock doors while engine running

using remote control WITH THE OTHER KEY came with the car (you may need it when it is -20 and you need to leave

your car for awhile...). iQ needs to lock up from driver´s door with key which locks all doors when motor´s running.

I usually use remote in my ignition key, so what´ll happen with iQ2 is beyond me...

Maybe I`m saved without having too much tech! Been satisfied with manual climate control this far as you can adjust it

at old fashioned way. Of course motor could generate a bit more warm to my mornings.

Here in Finland (and in Sweden!!) 75% of all cars have a heating system which operates 230VAC which is used

BEFORE driving. It warms up either car´s engine or engine and inside with a specially made heater from electrical output

which nearly every household parking place in Northrn Countries has. Please check "defa" if more interested.

Also noticed that all systems made for safety driving in iQ are necessary: when driving icy roads the basic handling without

any TCS, VSC or is quite "nervous" without these, maybe comes from short axle length...

I use Continental´s Winter Wiking 5 tyres now: they´re very soft "friction tyres" without spikes, but softiness allows better

handling in icy conditions, they´re NOT same tyres as in Central Europe!!

By the way: fuel consumption is between 4.5-6.5 in cold wheather ( temperature and town/country influences heavily).

Freezin´ wishes from Finland

FinniQ

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links