Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service And Mot

Captain_hook12

hey peeps, my T3 is due for MOT in a month, also just done 39k, i am thinking of combining the 40k service with the MOT, any potential risks? such as getting ripped off by Mr T? i recently heard a horror story from a friend who drives a Volvo, apparently the Volvo dealer intentionally created problems when the car was due in for service? scary, hope Mr T does not do the same.

just wondering do people tend to do the two separately? or together, esp if Mr T charge less if you do both at the same time?

many thanks folks and happy new year! :D

had both of mine done 2 months ago at toyota, had great service from them, no trouble at all.

from what i could see, they did the MOT first, then the service. They charged me £54 for the MOT (cheapest in my area is £50).

Hope this helps put your mind at ease.

I went for the service plan from Mr T, spread the cost over the period and mot's are free.

i got a quote from Mr T,

40k service: £275

MOT: £54

i also asked about service plan, cost in total £608 for three services (40k, 50k and 60k), did not say cover MOT, so i suppose there would be extra cost,

to blutto, did you have to ask them to include the MOT when you took out the plan? i am quite inclined to join this, the plan sounds quite reasonable, one question though, what happens when you sell your cars within those period, would they apply a hefty charge for ending the plan early? thanks in advance :)

Serviced my own car : £20

MOT : £35

:thumbsup:

yeah to be fair i do think toyota is charging far too much for servicing, a mere 20 quid job, if you have got the skill!

1 MOT FOC is part of the plan ;)

If you are out of warranty and know a decent indi and don't need a courtesy car Mr T makes no financial sense.

yeah to be fair i do think toyota is charging far too much for servicing, a mere 20 quid job, if you have got the skill!

:lol: Gaz has not neccesarily got the skill!! ;)

It's the money that he is short of!! :P ;) :lol:

:lol: Gaz has not neccesarily got the skill!! ;)

It's the money that he is short of!! :P ;) :lol:

:o

That's just mean... i have the skill.... and being Yorkshire i'm 'careful' with my money :P ;) :lol:

i got a quote from Mr T,

40k service: £275

MOT: £54

i also asked about service plan, cost in total £608 for three services (40k, 50k and 60k), did not say cover MOT, so i suppose there would be extra cost,

to blutto, did you have to ask them to include the MOT when you took out the plan? i am quite inclined to join this, the plan sounds quite reasonable, one question though, what happens when you sell your cars within those period, would they apply a hefty charge for ending the plan early? thanks in advance :)

MOT's are part of plan plus 10% of accessories inc. fitting, inflation proof for duration of plan, and just transfered the plan from my T Sport to the Comp, its also nice to pick your motor up from a service and be told "and of course there's nothing to pay" that's till you see the D/D go out of account. :angry:

really? my dealer said MOT not included, and will be charged additionally, guess it differs with dealership, yours is a nice dealer by the sound of it, mine is more greedy

really? my dealer said MOT not included, and will be charged additionally, guess it differs with dealership, yours is a nice dealer by the sound of it, mine is more greedy

Check its the scheme run by EMAC, our Verso is on it and the MOT is covered in writing on the docs. Our old Corolla was on the same terms and had one FOC MOT.

Just noticed my service plan document is headed: Vantage Toyota Service Plan, Vantage being the group that seem to have the Toyota franchise round hear but it looks like an official Toyota document, you should be able to pick up a leaflet at your dealer, and the free MOT runs for the duration of the plan, mine is for 3 years so 3 MOt's or to be correct 2 as I have just had one done.

IMG-4.jpg

I forgot as you can see it also gives you 10% off repairs and parts, and it is run by EMAC

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links