Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 1.4 D4d 2006 - Chain Or Belt?

severebomber

I have a 2006 Toyota Corolla 1.4 D4D. Anyone know whether these have a cambelt that will need changing or do they have a chain (which as I understand it, doesn't usually require replacement) ?

There seems to be conflicting information available - if somebody knows for sure that would be great!

Many thanks

I have a 2006 Toyota Corolla 1.4 D4D. Anyone know whether these have a cambelt that will need changing or do they have a chain (which as I understand it, doesn't usually require replacement) ?

There seems to be conflicting information available - if somebody knows for sure that would be great!

Many thanks

Hi,

Your car has a timing chain. I have the exact same car and I wrote to Toyota UK a few weeks ago. They told me that my car is fitted with a timing chain and should never need to be replaced! :thumbsup:

The following is the reply I received from Toyota:

Dear Mr xxxx

Thank you for your letter dated xx December 2009.

I can confirm your vehicle is fitted with a timing chain and therefore does not require changing.

I trust this is of assistance and thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Yours sincerely

Customer Relations Executive

yea its only the 2.0 d4d that has a belt lad, this caused some confusion here just before xmas, ha, goo-on the chain !!!

Many thanks

Hi,

Your car has a timing chain. I have the exact same car and I wrote to Toyota UK a few weeks ago. They told me that my car is fitted with a timing chain and should never need to be replaced! :thumbsup:

Dear Mr xxxx

I can confirm your vehicle is fitted with a timing chain and therefore does not require changing.

Yours sincerely

Many thanks, Movistar - that's good to know!

yea its only the 2.0 d4d that has a belt lad, this caused some confusion here just before xmas, ha, goo-on the chain !!!

Many thanks, Andycam

That's great to hear and one less thing to worry about!!

Many thanks

Hi,

Dear Mr xxxx

Yours sincerely

OK - Now I'm confused. Having just looked at the specification on Toyota's site (http://www.toyota.co.uk/bv/1024-heritage/Brochures/Corolla/Corolla_Dec04.pdf) , the info given here is that the 1.4VVT-i (petrol) has a chain but the 1.4D-4D (deisel) has a belt! Any ideas?

OK - Now I'm confused. Having just looked at the specification on Toyota's site (http://www.toyota.co.uk/bv/1024-heritage/Brochures/Corolla/Corolla_Dec04.pdf) , the info given here is that the 1.4VVT-i (petrol) has a chain but the 1.4D-4D (deisel) has a belt! Any ideas?

yea, I saw that in the past and it was mentioned in a previous post. There seems to be alot of mistakes in Toyota brochures :unsure:

If you want to be 100% then contact Toyota with your chassis number here:

Call: 0845 120 6070

Fax: 0203 166 4115

Toyota (GB) PLC

PO Box 814

Portsmouth

PO6 9AY

movistar :thumbsup:

yea, I saw that in the past and it was mentioned in a previous post. There seems to be alot of mistakes in Toyota brochures :unsure:

If you want to be 100% then contact Toyota with your chassis number here:

Call: 0845 120 6070

Fax: 0203 166 4115

Toyota (GB) PLC

PO Box 814

Portsmouth

PO6 9AY

movistar :thumbsup:

Thanx again, Movistar - I'll give them a call just to be sure!

Well I was a mechanic in a toyota garage for over four years and I can tell you that 1.4 D4-D corollas have a timing chain. With regard to replacing these, it may have to be replaced depending on the wear and tear of your engine and if you still to the service intervals because if your car runs low on oil the chain can start a knocking noise however this is very uncommon

this is what caused the confusion before xmas, i looked through my book aswell to find this, i nearly had a heartattack as iav over 80k on my baby, but i rang 2 toyota garages with my chassis number to be doubley sure, she is a chain :yahoo:

• 6 months later...

Take easy the 1.4vvt(petrol) and 1.4d-4d(deisel) both are with timing chain not a belt, controlled with autodata 3.24 (sorry for my bad english).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links