Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Battery Size

man-bing

I'm thinking it's time to change my Battery.

After have the stereo on for only 20mins, it flatten my Battery :blush:

Now, i've been told that Optima Batteries are a good brand to go for, unless someone tells me otherwise.

As i've tried to measure the size of my current Battery, nothing seems to come to the size of my battery.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of which size i need please.

Many thanks

Bing

:thumbsup:

just go in to your local motor factors lad and they will measure your Battery and give you the Battery you need,

i had to get 1 last Jan in the bad weather, she didnt want to start on cold mornings (neither did i) but had to get a new 1 anyways, cost me €50

Optima yellow top is a good choice will run the w6 good :) i also want to get one for my car at some point. as for size just get the closest one to the one you currently have and make it fit :thumbsup:

Also upgrade the "big 3" wires. This can help flatten peaks and troughs in voltage and helps stablise the audio system, can also stop dipping of the head lights. Replace the factory earth cable, the factory charging cable from altenator to Battery and earth cable from engine to Battery. Use at least 4 gauge, 0 gauge is better. I think those are the correct three please check that with another source to confirm.

And a lot of people go for Optima Yellow Top for some reason?

My car always sufferd with the "dipping light syndrome" since new, so i'm not really fussed about that, and i think its been covered in previous topics that my pre-facelift version is known for this anyway.

My sub never suffered with with loss of power, even at full power, and my amp has something to do with that too with power internal caps to keep it feed with lots of power, so i think that my Battery has something to answer for for that :lol:

I can see why you say about changing the main cables, from the alternator and the main earth cable.

I think i be lucky, more so very unlucky :lol: , to get a "0" gauge cable in the alternator, but i could change that anyway, changing the main earth cable from the Battery will be very easy anyway.

I've workout that i needed a Optima yellow top 3.7 version Battery, the next one up would of been better, but won't fit into the current battery tray (something like 10mm out :angry: ) which i could of made it fit with a little bit of welding, but can't really be bothered with the hassle for it.

As ever, mine's out of stock, typical :lol: , but when i do get it, pics will be posted..

Bing

:thumbsup:

how old are your betterys ppl? i think my batter is the oe 04 one that came with my car!: and it still works! that Optima yellow top 3.7 batter is like £150! ive seen some Bosch ones for about half that

how difficult is it to change the grounding wires etc? do you need to buy specific ends for the cable etc?

i just remmeber last time i put my Battery back in and got some sparks flying?! made me jump anyway.

Mine's the original Battery when i got the car from new, so Sep 2002, so nearly 7 1/2 yrs, but i have flatteren the Battery a few times now, so don't think thats helped.

Yeah the yellow top Battery is about that price, but i'm hoping it will be an investment in paying for a premium battery and it's one of them thing that should keep well if i come to sell it at a later date, if needed.

Changing the main wiring, should be as simple as taking the old one out and replacing it with a new one, be it from the alternator or the main earth wire.

You should find the fattest cable as possible, to reduce resistance, no point in changing the alternator cable with bell wire, that would be silly, dangerous and a major fire hazard!! (besides it would melt on the first start of the car, i would of thought)

It sounds like you touch the positive side of the battery while the negative side is still attached to the car, that should cause a spark, should remove the negative first then the positive, and then reconnect postive first then negative.

• 2 weeks later...

man-bing i hope you not got the yellow top Battery as you know i had one and my is dead already ! not even 4 years of use NOT worth is money ,however i am now using Odyssey Battery PC1400-25 it has better cranking power and better reserve time than yellow top it will fit all corolla's perfectly it does cost a little more than yellow top .

• 2 weeks later...

After a wait longer than expected, i've finally got my Optima Yellow Top Battery in.

It does seem it has more power than my old Battery, stating the obvious, but will have to wait and see if i can manage to flatten this one just as quick :lol:

Lucky for me, my bro is an electrician, and managed to get me a few toys so i can check everything is powering the Battery ok...off to see what unexpected reading i'm going to get from it ;)

gallery_1491_1080_8919.jpg

gallery_1491_1080_8549.jpg

After a wait longer than expected, i've finally got my Optima Yellow Top battery in.

It does seem it has more power than my old battery, stating the obvious, but will have to wait and see if i can manage to flatten this one just as quick :lol:

Lucky for me, my bro is an electrician, and managed to get me a few toys so i can check everything is powering the battery ok...off to see what unexpected reading i'm going to get from it ;)

gallery_1491_1080_8919.jpg

gallery_1491_1080_8549.jpg

you should have got the red top i dont know why but I was told that red tops should be used at the front and yellow top and the back :wacko:

you should have got the red top i dont know why but I was told that red tops should be used at the front and yellow top and the back :wacko:

The Red top for more for instant short burst power like starting, and Yellow top is both for starting and deep discharging.

Well that was what i been told...

The Red top for more for instant short burst power like starting, and Yellow top is both for starting and deep discharging.

Well that was what i been told...

I see I guess there was no point of me getting a red top then lol

I see I guess there was no point of me getting a red top then lol

I'm sure it still does the job in hand :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links