Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

94 Toyota Paseo Sputtering Bad Idle

dalabree

Hey, I just got a 94 Paseo, the exhaust is a little loud which I found out to be this "weaved wire" looking stuff that moves around quite a bit, but also it sputters and you have to bring the rpms up quite a bit to go or it will want to stall,even after moving the car from start it will keep sputtering, sometimes it stops for five minutes, but then it comes back, sometimes right as you go it sputters badly to where it slowly goes up to speed, then you hit second gear and stops (in which the pedal pressure I had to use to get it to go from start launches me). I have a computer tester, it gets me a code 24, which would be a air temp sensor or mass air flow sensor? Where would I find this?

Thanks

Alex

The air temp sensor should be mounted in the airfilterbox.

The MAP-sensor is mounted on the bulkhead almost in the centerline of the car.

Maybe this picture might help better than my words.

post-19870-1265305056_thumb.jpg

Thank you!

I dont have a manual yet so Ive been stuck.

You'll be lucky mate, cos I can't find an independant workshop manual for a paseo, Haynes dont list them for paseo or EP91 starlet :angry::unsure: ;) :lol::lol::lol:

You'll be lucky mate, cos I can't find an independant workshop manual for a paseo, Haynes dont list them for paseo or EP91 starlet :angry::unsure: ;) :lol::lol::lol:

Manuals are available for the Seo, The guy who runs the Sera club had a couple a while back. Don't think Haynes would do one, but the original Toyota ones crop up on eBay etc from time to time

Search internet for workshopmanuals. I bought Mitchell On Demand for Toyota some years ago. It seems quite good and covers Toyota models from early 80 until 2000 or 2001. The sad thing is that it is american and only cover the american versions. There should be manuals for newer cars too. It also has some Lexus model too.

When I recently searched for a new lean mixture sensor (lambda sensor) I found this site: www.cartoyota.nl . It looked like they sometimes had manuals for the Paseo and other models. Unfortunately their site was in dutch only.

Here are some websites that sell Toyota manuals.

http://www.datamanuals.net/toyotacomp2.htm

http://www.workshopmanuals.biz/

http://www.whichmanuals.com/

Thanks! I found one and ordered it, its a factory 94 paseo manual/

where did you order your manual, cos I need to get my hands on one too for my type uk 97 paseo

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links