Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Ae92 Gti-16

DomoGTI

nice! looks super clean :thumbsup:

Very clean indeed!

Just been polishing up my gearbox to that standard! :lol: Hopefully get it into primer tonight...

Nice AE92 DomoGTi :thumbsup:

I have a question regarding your car's interior mate, can you add me up? euae92@yahoo.com

Maybe you can help me. Thanks in advance DomoGti ;)

Properly cleaned :thumbsup:

photo0353z.jpg

photo0354.jpg

photo0355o.jpg

photo0356.jpg

photo0357i.jpg

photo0358.jpg

And of course there were some problems :angry:

Two head screws started to stretch near 8kgs so we went to every store in town to finally find some newer Opel screws that fitted :bangin:

Do you mean the Head Bolts?

You should mark out where each bolt went so that they will be perfectly suited to the place they were removed from. Because they are subjected to such high temperatures and stresses they form around their slot.

You should also replace all of them at once and not just the few that are gone, just to be sure they will all settle at the same rate. ;)

Good work :thumbsup:

ah ok then. Replace all of them and not just one! If it's done it's done, should be ok but I would personally be wary of it. :D

hhhm as I said before you should be ok, 95 percent sure it'll be fine but following my errors with the White Top I cannot settle for less than 100%!

they should be fine. re check the torque to make sure there is no drop off but other than that it will be ok

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I have an update...

Bad, then good, then bad again :unsure:

First, engine was assembled and started AND IT BOILED AGAIN :crybaby:

We took out the thermostat and boiled it in a can on 95 - 100 °C and it DIDNT OPEN (if that piece of sh*t was checked first, I probably wouldnt have to change the head gasket)

So the thermostat was replaced, and the engine worked perfectly, cooling was normal again (thats the short good news)

Oh, and it has LOADS OF POWER with this compression :

img3705.jpg

:gunsmilie:

(those are original piston rings, we didnt replace anything)

lowering the head for 0,15mm and polishing valve seats did its thing, because that compression is higher than original when built :D

but my joy didnt last long because of the vast amount of oil burnt smoke coming from the exhaust :o

looks like the oil control rings were destroyed by the overheating :crybaby:

so I dont know what to do now, Ill try with thicker oil (from 10W40 to 15W40) because I dont have any money for a new rebuild

(and Im afraid that if that head is lowered any more then it is now, compression will be too high :P )

:no:

Well glad that you have better compression, however I wouldn't bank on a thicker oil helping you out.

I reckon you should leave it as it is and don't use it. When you have the cash saved up then you should get them replaced.

Sorry to hear that it has boiled over mate, must really suck... I know it sucks when mine keeps going wrong..... :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links