Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Additional Door Seals - An Advisory

ihpj

Dear All,

Just a reminder to those of us who have had the replacement door seals fitted to the car.

Ours have only been on the car since 26/01 and they need replacing. The seals have lost adhesion on the frame and consequently have come away from the frame, mostly around the bends and corners.

Please just do not assume because the seals have been fitted, everything is A-OK. Especially if your car is under warranty, check the seals to make sure they are fitted correctly - or take 'em back and get them done again.

I always had my reservations about sticking on additional seals, some Dealerships may not be prep'ing the surface correctly and/or allowing sufficient time for the adhesive to cure/bond with the car and rubber seal.

Like with most jobs, ours has gone in today for pedal recall and the sagging seals were pointed out to the Dealership. They will check and report and book the car in again another time for the seals to be redone.

So, folks, please check you seals!

I think it is down to how well they prep the surface/how well they fix it.

I had some leaker seals, had it in and had them replaced and they are fine.

Watched them do a few bits and they were extremely careful to have the surface clean and oil free etc. before fixing them.

i agree. my Aygo has been in twice for water leaks and today i found water sitting over the bottom seal . i checked behind the driver seat and surpise surprise it all wet and because of all the recall work the dealer cant get it in for 3 weeks!!!!!

Well ours is going back for its third set of seals sometime soon :P

Our problem is that the seals don't appear to have been applied with enough care IMHO.

Oh well, its a 3 year warranty for a reason ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links