Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trouble Shifting From 1St To 2Nd At High Revs

Robster31

Hi all, wondering if anybody has any tips or words of wisdom regarding a problem I have with my 2002 T-Sport (61000 miles)

When trying to pull away fast it refuses to go into 2nd from 1st, and I usually have to go straight to 3rd (whilst looking MEGA embarrassed). There's no crunching or grinding, just a total refusal. This only happend when pulling away fast at higher revs as pulling away in town or leisurely its fine going from 1st to 2nd, and dropping from 3rd to 2nd at higher revs is also fine. Also fine going through all the other gears at high revs.

I'm hoping this isn't going to develop into a big problem but am a bit scared.

Anybody come accross this problem??

had a total refusal to go into both 1st and 2nd a weekend or so ago. but that went as quickly as it came.

a change of gearbox fluid may improve things but if 2nd remains to be an issue it could more expensive. (synchro, or the gear itself)

Hi all, wondering if anybody has any tips or words of wisdom regarding a problem I have with my 2002 T-Sport (61000 miles)

When trying to pull away fast it refuses to go into 2nd from 1st, and I usually have to go straight to 3rd (whilst looking MEGA embarrassed). There's no crunching or grinding, just a total refusal. This only happend when pulling away fast at higher revs as pulling away in town or leisurely its fine going from 1st to 2nd, and dropping from 3rd to 2nd at higher revs is also fine. Also fine going through all the other gears at high revs.

I'm hoping this isn't going to develop into a big problem but am a bit scared.

Anybody come accross this problem??

i came across this when changing quickly from 1st - 2nd, embarassing when i had a chav next to me with a saxo, tryed again a couple of days later and it felt to me like i was hitting the "gear gate" (or whatever its called) and it was like i was pressing to hard over to the passenger side and it wanted to go over as if i was selecting reverse.

a little bit of practise and i got it down to a "T" now, just liking hitting lift from 1st - 2nd.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links