Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

De-Badgeing

cptechjosh

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could advise me on the badges i can remove from my car without and holes or bodywork needed, i have a 56 place Aygo sport thanks.

Also could someone please advise me on how to change the big ariel to a smaller one :)

You hust grab the aerial, and twist it anti clock wise. I changed mine to Peuegot 106 short stub aerial. It has the ame threads as the Aygo, C1, and 107. Heres a link to show you what I mean.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-106-206-307-Replacement-Aerial-Mast-SHORT_W0QQitemZ250594537567QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a5899305f

Also could someone please advise me on how to change the big ariel to a smaller one :)

You hust grab the aerial, and twist it anti clock wise. I changed mine to Peuegot 106 short stub aerial. It has the ame threads as the Aygo, C1, and 107. Heres a link to show you what I mean.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-106-206-307-Replacement-Aerial-Mast-SHORT_W0QQitemZ250594537567QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a5899305f

Thanks mate this says its for cars with the ariel at the back does that not matter with the aygo?

Thanks mate this says its for cars with the ariel at the back does that not matter with the aygo?

Do you not know that Peugeot 107, and Citroen,a nd Toyota Aygo are the same cars,a nd they aerial is actual the same on all 3 cars! I changed my long aerail to a Peugeot 106 short stub aerial. I didnt change it to such a small one because it can affect the siganl to your radio.

I bought this one for my Aygo. Please note the Aerial base. Ist the same on the Aygo

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-Sports-Aerial-106-205-206-306-309-406-806_W0QQitemZ320362618948QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a9719a044

The badges on the rear, beneath the taillights are stuck on with double sided

sticky tape, but they both have a couple of pins protruding to align the badges.

So if you remove the badges, you're stuck with a couple of holes...

Spraining them in the cars' bodycolor would probably look better.

The big "T"-logo on the glass hatch can be removed with a bit of fishingwire...

Hey Jan. You forgot to mention the main front Badge on the grill. I m trying to cust a whole into the front Badge to let air into the front bay. Any ideas if someone has done this already?

Front Logo is held onto the grille/bumperretainer with a couple of clips. Need to remove the bumper to get to them.

Opening up the logo won't work that good I suspect: there's some plastic back there to keep the bumper and grille in place...

100_1221.JPG

If you remove the vertical "fins" the bumper will flop up/down and in/out...

Why!!! You bought an Aygo, every one knows its an Aygo from the shape of the car why do you want to debadge it and cut holes in places that holes shouldnt be.

If you want it to be something else then buy another car!!

The badges on the rear, beneath the taillights are stuck on with double sided

sticky tape, but they both have a couple of pins protruding to align the badges.

So if you remove the badges, you're stuck with a couple of holes...

Spraining them in the cars' bodycolor would probably look better.

The big "T"-logo on the glass hatch can be removed with a bit of fishingwire...

My Aygo also has a Sport Badge on the glass hatch do you know if i can remove this without any holes being left?

Why!!! You bought an Aygo, every one knows its an Aygo from the shape of the car why do you want to debadge it and cut holes in places that holes shouldnt be.

I agree why spoil the look, think about the resale value blink.gif

I agree why spoil the look, think about the resale value blink.gif

Im only removing the badges that wont leave holes so it wont spoil the look and personaly i think it would look alot better without the badges would make it look alot cleaner

Im only removing the badges that wont leave holes so it wont spoil the look

That'll be a quick job then: the only Logo's that won't leave holes are the T on

the rear glass hatch and an optional Badge for "Black" or "Platinum" or the likes...

Never understood the need to remove badges from the car, if you want to hide what it is (even if removing the badges is a pityfully pointless way to do this) then you must be ashamed of what you own.... so why not just buy a different car.

And if call it closed minded, but if anyone pulls the "it looks nicer with out them" argument i warn you now. I dont care, and your wrong.

Its my personal preference at the end of the day everyone like there own things and i respect that i am removing the badges and eventually they will all be gone and smoothed out and resprayed im not trying to hide what car i own i am proud of my car i love it :D its just i like the euro look so that's what my car will look like :)

• 3 weeks later...

Never understood the need to remove badges from the car, if you want to hide what it is (even if removing the badges is a pityfully pointless way to do this) then you must be ashamed of what you own.... so why not just buy a different car.

And if call it closed minded, but if anyone pulls the "it looks nicer with out them" argument i warn you now. I dont care, and your wrong.

I don't think it is a case of wanting to hide the fact that its a Toyota Aygo. The OP probably thinks that it looks cleaner, and if i'm honest it looks better, looks a lot smoother too.

OP, go for it. If you do decide that you don't like it, you can put them back on.

agree it looks better debadged, annoying that the others can't easily be removed. I see that several have removed the wiper for the same reason. In the dub world you can buy rear screens without the heater element for that added clean look!

Debaging makes the finish look smoother and easier to clean/polish.

agree it looks better debadged, annoying that the others can't easily be removed. I see that several have removed the wiper for the same reason. In the dub world you can buy rear screens without the heater element for that added clean look!

I didn't know that. Do you have any pictures?

I like what some manufacturers used to do as an option, low profile (close to body colour) badges etc. I was thinking of doing this with my car, get a set of badges and spray them to match the car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links