Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possably Egr Problem Or Something Else

YotaCruiser89

got back from smog and i failed the 25mph test only on NO max=846 and the meas=964 so thats what it got and i checked the EGR system yes with a vacuum gauge and its got vac also when i put vac to egr valve it wants to stall i am almost sure it is the cats but i have a slight loss of power on the freeway any ideas i just dont see how it can do so well on every thing else and then fail on that. PS one tire was maybe at 20 psi could that have an effect on the machine

.................................... HC.......................................CO(%)...................................NO (PPM)

15MPH.............MAX=115...MEAS=29.........MAX=0.63...MEAS=0.10............MAX=986...MEAS=682 PASS

25MPH.............MAX=95...MEAS=22...........MAX=0.82...MEAS=0.11............MAX=846...MEAS=964 FAIL

• 5 weeks later...

got back from smog and i failed the 25mph test only on NO max=846 and the meas=964 so thats what it got and i checked the EGR system yes with a vacuum gauge and its got vac also when i put vac to egr valve it wants to stall i am almost sure it is the cats but i have a slight loss of power on the freeway any ideas i just dont see how it can do so well on every thing else and then fail on that. PS one tire was maybe at 20 psi could that have an effect on the machine

.................................... HC.......................................CO(%)...................................NO (PPM)

15MPH.............MAX=115...MEAS=29.........MAX=0.63...MEAS=0.10............MAX=986...MEAS=682 PASS

25MPH.............MAX=95...MEAS=22...........MAX=0.82...MEAS=0.11............MAX=846...MEAS=964 FAIL

Hi mate

yes the less pressure in the tire the more fuel consumption + moreover more friction against the road. Keep all wheels pressure as per manual + just small advise - you can use a mixed gas (nitroogen + air)-this allows internal pressure to be kept a constant during all seazons. The loss of power is one otcome from some issues. By the way is yr engine petrol or diesel?

Cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links