Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Latest Mini Mod To My Gen 7 190.

macman05

Sooo. I was at my local electronic store buying supplies for my in dash GPS install I was doing as a project (will post pics of that a bit later..) and while there, found these $6 led strips... gave me an idea so I chucked those in the basket.. got home and saw exactly where I thought I would put them, they were even the perfect size for space.. So I got me a little knight rider kit :-)

Let me know what you think... So far people thought it looked cool and a bit different, I cant decide if I should keep it there or not.

What do you guys think?

Heres a piccie.... (taken using a mobile phone in a dimly lit garage building so not the best...the red LED strip looks more "bright red" in person..

knightrider.jpg

Red lights at front of car????? Illegal and dangerous !!!!

Yeah Im not sure about the legal thing, maybe - they dont flash or anything, its was more to emit a glow from hood/front....dangerous? Hardly... How so?

I think it's be perfect if they emitted a glow rather than a glare. Can you not reposition them behind the grill somewhere so that you only see the red light and not the LED's? :)

I think it's be perfect if they emitted a glow rather than a glare. Can you not reposition them behind the grill somewhere so that you only see the red light and not the LED's? :)

Yes, I initially wanted to pop them behind grill, but couldnt get access at the time... I just randomly noticed the spot where they are now... But YES, a red "glow" from the front might look good too... might need to have a play around again :-)

• 2 weeks later...

i agree it needs to be hidden in ur grill then would look amazing! just curious ur headlights look soo good where did u get them from and how much were they?

i agree it needs to be hidden in ur grill then would look amazing! just curious ur headlights look soo good where did u get them from and how much were they?

Thanks man :-)

They are "halo projector" lights, I first saw them on eBay, so thats a good place to start.. just search "celica halo" and you should find em :-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links