Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressor 1/4 Mile

bamber

i have been to the gti international show this weekend and thought id see what my car would do. i ran a 0-60 in 6.3 seconds and 1/4 mile in 14.9 seconds, the temperature was in the 30s so a bit hot for the engine. are these times good? i also had it dyno'd to see what the difference the exhaused made and was very impressed, when i first got the car it had 202bhp and since the exhaused and good service it is now 226bhp. :rolleyes:

Dude it's all good! I went to the last drag meeting at santa pod, and although i was a complete noob at drag racing i managed a 14.82. Car can defo go quicker with practise, and all i have done to it is slap on a Blitz Sus. So your on the right track, just keep timing those christmas tree lights right lol.

The temperature is the biggest killer with the car though, because unless you can afford to slap on an intercooler heat can affect performance. More so with the exceptionally warm weather we are having recently. My car ended up going in to limp mode when i was at POD it was soo hot! Blutto on here has dyno'd his compressor after going for a long hard drive, and it came back under 200bhp. He then went to the same dyno just after warming it up, and it pulled something stupid like 228 or more. The graphs are posted on an old link somewhere.

Just keep at it, and keep practising and you will get quicker. I'm hooked on drag racing now, but i don't know if there's another trip to a drag strip organised.

I does give you a good buzz, santa pod is a fair distance for me so its a expensive job aswell. The guy that dyno'd it said my fueling is all over the place so i need a piggyback to sort that so thats the next job i think. bit ov saving is in order i think.

I have tryed to put piks on here but wont let me for some reson, i will try again tomorow.

Yeh piggyback fuelling chips are the only way to go, however they are massive expense.

Santa Pod was a massive trek down south for me, but was mental fun taking part with a good group of other rolla owners. Hope something gets sorted soon, or maybe a more local event would me ace.

Fuelling would be affected by the maf and IAT, In warmer weather when engine bay temperature is increased you would produce less power but your MPG should be better,

This link is for ae102 to read rolleyes.gif

WARM AIR INTAKE

Less oxygen being put through would effect fuelling so the ecu will adapt to throw in less fuel so it would run slightly lean, The ECU adapts to the changes for the safety of the engine.

A piggyback is a partial solution, Try a camcon, Emanage or even a dastek as adjusting air/fuel ratios is easy enough to get done, Just be wary that in the colder weathers the map could effect power as you are doing it for a temporary solution in the warm weather.

In this instance i would advise a camcon as is a very good and simple unit to work with. You could have a few set maps put on, Note down the settings as they are just positive and negative numbers from 0-20. Have the tuner set a good map for warmer weather, Have a map for cooler weather, During weather change set it yourself by keeping a memo of the parameters that you hooked up. The great thing is the moment you turn the unit off at the power button your back on the standard ECU

thumbsup.gif

its a good time. 0-60 6.3 .did you use any weight saving?

Thanks for that i will have a look at them, the guy sed that they use the unichip. no weight saving just as it is everyday, im up for going to a toyota sprint or some thing if i have the money iv never bin to a meet before.

we need a drag weekend!!

There's some more RWYB events coming up at POD, discussed possibly going down in August on corollaclub.

August would be good for me just need a bit of notice so i can save some pennys at the end of the month, im not very good with money :wacko:

14.9 is not too bad for a compressor although i would expect to come down quiet a lot from that ..... the fastest 1/4 time in australia that i have seen without a compressor since we dont get the compressor in australia has been a 14.3 ..... all it had was coil overs, exhaust and cold air intake ..... so yeah i would expect to see a supercharged 2zz do a lot quicker

before i turboed mine my quickest time was 14.7 and again this is without a supercharger like the compressor.

check this thread for more details

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6844

cheers

bill

Here is a pik of my car doing the 1/4 mile. (iv just learnt how to do it haha)

NEAR-0269.jpg

14.9 is not too bad for a compressor although i would expect to come down quiet a lot from that ..... the fastest 1/4 time in australia that i have seen without a compressor since we dont get the compressor in australia has been a 14.3 ..... all it had was coil overs, exhaust and cold air intake ..... so yeah i would expect to see a supercharged 2zz do a lot quicker

before i turboed mine my quickest time was 14.7 and again this is without a supercharger like the compressor.

check this thread for more details

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6844

cheers

bill

Normally what's your car weight?And with turbo?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links