Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paseo Cambelt And Alternator Tips

jen09

I own a 96 Paseo ST which had a cambelt change at around 46000miles. Now on 86000 but only avarage 6000miles or less each year. Does the cambelt need replacing yet? Any tips or manuals available? Would be a great help if anyone had tips on replacing the alternator, complete kit or is it best to just do the belt?

Any help would be appreciated. :rolleyes:

the cambelt should be good for 60,000 miles (provided it's OE spec). As to the alternator, you probably just need to tighten the belt as they gently stretch over tie. if it is indeed time for a change of alternator rather than splash out for a brand new one try and get hold of a second hand one from a scrappies, and look for a 1.3 corolla as it is a slightly heavier duty alternator and fits perfectly (it's whats on my paseo). while you're there it is also worth picking up the corolla's 4E-FE manifold as it fits perfectly and makes the engine torquey'er

comparison of original manifold an the corolla's tubular one.

comparison-1.jpg

original manifold

enginebaypredec09.jpg

corolla manifold fitted

upratedinletmanifold.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links