Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got My Ts

sheepscloth

Hi Guys

Finally got my 5door TS. Bought it yesterday.

It is real sleeper, I am gonna love it, and the lift certainly put a smile on the face.

It is a total Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. below 6200rpm normal family car, above 6200rpm serial killer :-)

The problem is as you all know that the suspension and tyres were chosen for Dr Jekyll the normal car.

So today I am ordering the Eibach lowering springs.

I wil also try to find a Whiteline rear anti roll bar but apparently fensport is out of stock. Do you guys know anywhere where they still have the rear anti roll bars in stock?

Cheers

:thumbsup: congratulations on your purchase .put some pics up .

good choice with the corolla and congratulations on your new purchase. pictures pleaseeeee :)

Hi Sheepscloth

Well done on your new purchase, I am a new 5dr T sport owner too, loving the lift, horrified by the fuel consumption!

I have read much on here about the poor handling, but just how fast do you have to want to corner to experience this? I have given Hoof (HD03OOF) some serious welly on lift around fun bends and never thought I wish it was lower. I do agree it looks very ungainly at the back, how much space do you need around that wheel arch? Would love to hear your thoughts pre and post change.

Have fun!

Loljulie

Good choice of car mate, you will have some problems with the handling which are easily solved with a front and rear strut brace and lowering springs.

Very fun cars! Be sure to hit lift often or your OCR valve will get clogged. ;)

Thanks guys

I will post some pics later today/tonight.

I received my Eibach springs this morning, so will get them on as soon as possible, can wait to feel the improvement.

My previous car was a Boxster S, but I wanted something more practical( rear seats, family, etc etc) and yet still fun to drive.

The Porsche was a great car, but it came with all the goodies from standard so there was no point of DIY improvements, which is what half the fun is about.

I really want tight handling, and I sincerely believe I have made the right choice as the TS seems a good platform to make a killer!

BTW: I am off to the "Ring" in a couple of weeks ( August 20th), need to see how the TS really handles.

Cheers

"Spank the !Removed! and you shall get rewarded!" :yahoo:

Bit by bit we can do a few bits ;)

My planned changes are

First up:

Springs( got them)

Upreated rear anti roll bar( will try Balance motor sport tomorrow)

Then:

17" wheels with 215/45 tyres ( currently 195/55-16)

Front Strut brace.

Next up( or whenever they need changing):

Brakes: upraded disks, pads, brake lines

Shocks: Bilstein B8s

perhaps poly bushes if the original are tired

I think I will get there in the end.

One thing at the time.

Evolution so to say.

Out of interest, how much will it cost to lower? Those rear wheels really do look lost!

Also, being a novice to all this, where do you get it done. I am on the South coast near Southampton.

You can either use lowering springs or coilovers, coilovers are more expensive but they get you a bigger drop plus they have tougher dampers which can handle the extra strain.

I don't know what the labour charges are but they are too bad. :)

Nice i like 5 dr ones shame the facelift TS 5dr wasnt marketed in UK at the time, + location Denmark, its got UK plates? or you from Denmark originaly lol

Hi Big Boss

I am Danish and live in the UK.

However I am moving back to DK in two weeks time taking the TS with me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links