Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Owner - Mot And The Brake Test

davidisom

Hi,

I am about to become a new owner of 4.3 RAV4.

Should I have any concern over MOT station and brake testing on the rolling road ?

David

When my mark 2 was Moted they took it out to a quiet road and did it there as they said they couldn't use a rolling road because of the 4 wheel drive.

Up-to-date rolling road brake testing equipment can cope with 4 wheel drive. A road test cannot properly test for inequality of braking on a percentage scale.:)

Hi,

I am about to become a new owner of 4.3 RAV4.

Should I have any concern over MOT station and brake testing on the rolling road ?

David

Yes - if you look here http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=94487 it would be advisable to disable traction control (or leave clear instructions on how to do so).

Hi just let them (us) get on with it and don't go and try to "short wire" the dlc3 port any insrtucions left will be ignored trust me or some idiot will try and mess things up

Hi just let them (us) get on with it and don't go and try to "short wire" the dlc3 port any insrtucions left will be ignored trust me or some idiot will try and mess things up

So are you saying that you think all MOT stations now know about how the rav4 operates and not to be concerned about how the test?

Its your employer that has issued this stern warning. You are now authorising owners to ignore it are you?

I didn't say ignore it! i said let the testers get on with it most RBT now can test each wheel or all four it depends on the station and what equipment it has, the VSI that is printed out on the check list should be read by the tester and then he/she will take appropriate steps to ensure no damage happens, if "they" choose to ignore the VSI then they are in the wrong.

If you don't like "road test" "decelerometer" check on the brakes then you should ask when booking in and if so book in with another test station, and the other half of the comment was aimed at individuals that don't know what they are doing with the dlc3 socket as poking wires in to it could be costly.

But up to you as "Any advice given is meant to be helpful and in good spirit. No liability is accepted for loss , damage or injury"

But up to you as

Just in case I've misunderstood your comment, just tell me what this term means.

(Up to you) is aim'd at "Davidison", it means its up you the owner of the car as to what action you intend to take either disable it (very easy with anc's printout) or just leave it to the mot station

Ah right - yes, fair enough.

I try to cover every eventuality and you always get somebody who will ask. It saves me keep answering the same question. I don't normally condone people shorting wires out but it was one of the options in the bulletin. My red one was only ever tetsed by Toyota when I had it and I never even thought about disabling the TRC but if I took it to an "indie" I almost certainly would :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links