Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amp + Sub Install

DazH

Just decided I'm gonna get an amp put in the car and possibly a sub?

At the mo I have a Sony single cd head unit 4x45w, standard front Speakers and I replaced the rears with Blaupunkt components. What will I need to buy :huh:

Only gonna spend a couple hundred at most but needs to look tidy and not weigh the car down, I know a few of you know your stuff on ICE (Jaxx where are you :rolleyes: ) so thought I'd ask here first before spending money :thumbsup:

BTW, as I'm getting on a bit its mostly heavy/punk/rap I listen to, none of your garage or drum and bass :P

you will need to upgrade your door Speakers (min 45W)

you may want some 6x9s

you will need suitable wires

power cap if you are kicking out more than 700W

there is little point running 6x9's and a sub.....

Run a 10" sub at around one and a half or double the power of the rest of your system. It doesnt matter where you place it either, as long as its in the correct sized (volume) box.

As a general guide subs are like a scud missile, it'll find you no matter where it shoots from, highs and mids are like a sniper and need to be aimed direct. Make sure your amp is gain adjustable for fine tuning.

:rolleyes::wacko::blink:

Right, you are going to need an amp, A sub if you want more base or wire to your existing Speakers if you think they will handle it.

you will also need an amp wiring kit. this includes some 4 awg power wire, a remote lead an earth wire and a set of RCA leads.

You will need to run the power wire directly from the Battery to the boot, (I take it that's where your having it.) run the power lead down the left side of the car. Don't forget to put a fuse within 6" of the Battery.

Remove your headunit and connect the remote lead and the RCA cables. Run the remote lead down left side of the car and the RCA cables down the right hand side of the car.

How you secure the amp in your boot is completely up to you some people attach there amps to the back of the rear seats others attach it to there sub boxes. Its your choice, but make sure that it is secure.

Next find a suitable place on the body work that you can attach the earth wire to. The closer it is to the amp the better. Try and find a bolt that you can access easily and attach it to that. You will have to grind off some of the paint around the bolt so that the earth has good contact.

Connect the power, remote, earth and RCA cables to the amp and wire up you sub or wire to your existing Speakers.

If wiring a sub I would recommend running some 4 awg wire from the amp to the sub, other wise I would get some decent oxygen free cable and run it to the Speakers. Try to avoid the power cables as they can cause interference.

hope this helps.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links