Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

04 D4D Loud Knock Front Strut Maybe?

gogazzago

hi can anyone help...i have just purchased a 140k 2004 d4d which knocks really annoyingly around the front offside...ive changed the anti roll drop link but its still there....any ideas???? srut or strut top ???? thanx guys......

hi can anyone help...i have just purchased a 140k 2004 d4d which knocks really annoyingly around the front offside...ive changed the anti roll drop link but its still there....any ideas???? srut or strut top ???? thanx guys......

Hi mate, how about the anti-roll bar bushes or bottom ball joint or bumper at the top of the strut, mind you looking at the drawings it could be one of many things.

Anyway I have attached a couple of drawings for you to look at before you get your hands dirty again:thumbsup:.

Regards Pete.

post-74463-128483395248_thumb.gif

post-74463-128483396903_thumb.gif

thanks....when i replaced the anti roll bar drop link i checked the anti roll bar bushes and they felt solid....there isnt any play in the bottom ball joint either?????? thats whats leading me to the shocker or the shocker top bearing !!!!!!!!!!! i will purchase a full unit and fit then update ...wish me luck !

hello

pls be very precised -- where this knocking arised from?? can you spot us correctly?

what about to send youtubed file??

Cheers/Igor

sorted it !!!!!!!!! new front strut and bearing top.....although have to say it was the shocker that was worn to excess...........rather than the top bearing....nice and quiet now....next problem is..................

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links