Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3Zz-Fe

karle12

Does anybody have or know of a 1.6 vvti (3zz-fe) engine for sale (or donation wink wink) as mine isnt very well at all!

Many thanks

Karl

i dont know about kent but up here it shouldnt be a huge task to find one from a scrappers. what year is your car?

2003 on a 52 plate, down here its a killer to find one, its an awkward position, its either sell the car, or wait however long for an engine.

It starts and ticks over but i havnt risked driving it as it is sorn, plus no mot or insurance. Im sure it would creep along but i would use a trailer. Whys that mate?

Does anybody have or know of a 1.6 vvti (3zz-fe) engine for sale (or donation wink wink) as mine isnt very well at all!

Many thanks

Karl

I recently saw one on eBay.

It starts and ticks over but i havnt risked driving it as it is sorn, plus no mot or insurance. Im sure it would creep along but i would use a trailer. Whys that mate?

i was going to say if it'll move under its own power then im not suggesting you do this at all, merely floating ideas out of my brain but if you were to find a big strong wall, and make use of it with 2/3 occupants. might be easier than finding a new engine?

i was going to say if it'll move under its own power then im not suggesting you do this at all, merely floating ideas out of my brain but if you were to find a big strong wall, and make use of it with 2/3 occupants. might be easier than finding a new engine?

Lol i wish i could mate, thinking selling it is probably a wise move. Thanks anyway lol

Hi,

Have you checked the cost of having it rebuilt by a decent local garage or shipping off to one of the engine remanufactures foe a repair / rebuild /exchange ?

No idea on todays modern engines but a bottom end rebuild was not such a big job on older engines - expect its still more cost than complexity knowing Toyotas parts prices. ( was quoted £60 for just the wing mirror glass today ! )

Would be a lot simpler than trying to fit a different unit.

Made a decision after a bit of bad news on the employment front,

Cars now going up for sale!!

Thankyou for all your advice, if anyones interested it will be up for sale all over the place, except eBay (great for bargains, awful for people buying something then not paying!)

Probably put it up for 850 so i can be knocked down a bit.

Karl

sorry to hear about the bad news mate. one thing i'll say dont let this put you off buying another corolla. they are solid cars and are reliable, i would put your experience down to your own rough handling of your car or just pot luck getting a bad one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links