Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Turbo?

barlos1973

Hi all!

My 2003/03 avensis d4d turbo is on its way out. Have checked eBay and found quite a few, but was wondering is there a specific turbo for my model. Would a 2004 turbo fit in mine? thanks for any advice

Hi all!

My 2003/03 avensis d4d turbo is on its way out. Have checked ebay and found quite a few, but was wondering is there a specific turbo for my model. Would a 2004 turbo fit in mine? thanks for any advice

hi mate

who has verdicted like this???

what are symptoms?? any detailed info available or you wonna spend yr money for nothing?

cheers/Igor

Hi all!

My 2003/03 avensis d4d turbo is on its way out. Have checked ebay and found quite a few, but was wondering is there a specific turbo for my model. Would a 2004 turbo fit in mine? thanks for any advice

hi mate

what are symptoms?? any detailed info available or you wonna spend yr money for nothing?

cheers/Igor

Hi mate thanks for the quick response. Basically the cars done 190k ( i'm a taxi driver) and last week it all of a sudden lost all power and the engine light came on. Anyway if you switch it off and start gain it seems to run okay. Some days it runs fine and then like today coming out of a roundabout lost all power ( my passengers were not impressed!). My local mechanice put it on his diagonistic machine and it showed turbo fault. Since then however the engine management light has gone off.....

What do you think? THANKS

Hi all!

hi mate

cheers/Igor

Hi mate thanks for the quick response. Basically the cars done 190k ( i'm a taxi driver) and last week it all of a sudden lost all power and the engine light came on. Anyway if you switch it off and start gain it seems to run okay. Some days it runs fine and then like today coming out of a roundabout lost all power ( my passengers were not impressed!). My local mechanice put it on his diagonistic machine and it showed turbo fault. Since then however the engine management light has gone off.....

What do you think? THANKS

wow

190k -- whether or not you ve got service book with records? or this question is silly ? Sudden lost of power may be resulted due to EGR valve needs cleanning; fuel filter changiing etc etc. if turbo does not react on the gas pedal -- it is because the exhaust gases are being throttled thru this clogged EGR valve. first thiing to do is to dismmantle this EGR and clean it + at the same time to change fuel filter insert. + coome back with result + keep yr pocket as full :)

cheers/Igor

Thanks mate. I was a bit unsure about the turbo going out myself. SERICE HISTORY BOOK? whats that? :)

p.s if I open the EGR valve will all th crap in it confirm this problem?

I'd have thought that if the turbo had gone then you'd have no power all the time rather than intermittenly.

Could be a sensor fault, or a problem with the turbo actuator, if they have one.

Thanks mate. I was a bit unsure about the turbo going out myself. SERICE HISTORY BOOK? whats that? :)

p.s if I open the EGR valve will all th crap in it confirm this problem?

ok look

you must to take this car over - that is why you have to know what in general has been done with car during 190k -- are you interested?? but i am interrsted to know how to proceed with advices. re EGR -- this one is responsible for emission only -- so during engine running all unburnt carbon residues are partly accumulated right there + clogging all holes for gases. the idea is to clean it using the same diesel oil and after solvent. you ll be deeply surprised to fine more interestiing there :)

cheers/Igor

I'd have thought that if the turbo had gone then you'd have no power all the time rather than intermittenly.

Could be a sensor fault, or a problem with the turbo actuator, if they have one.

we must to have as many details as possible -- playing with words is not our score.

cheers/Igor

my power went exactly like your taxi.it ended up being the egr valve and i thought i was going to have to buy a turbo!

To barlos1973.

As suggested by other postings, most certainly clean your EGR valve first before following any other routes. But remember your EGR valve is electronically operated, so in a worst case scenario you may have to purchase a new unit. Any local quality garage should be able to read off any error codes if their are any stored, if not, then i would be surprised if your fault lay elsewhere. Should you be really unlucky and require a new turbo (which i doubt) try BTN TURBO via www.btnturbo.com, they are one of the largest importers of turbos into the UK & they currently have a free DVD covering all aspects of how turbos work. Also includes a full listing of just about any turbo you require & location of turbo serial number & brand for your car.

Regards, Beagh.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links