Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tightening Windows On 3 Door & Removing Rear Plastic

farhanali89

right all ever since i removed my window tints nd removed my deflectors my seals have been pushed away a bit but it seems like the window rattles when 3/4 open, Is there a way of tightening it back again or is it because i now need new seals.

I have had my team hekos for a very long time now first bought them when i got the car seems they have pushed the slim seal away from the window now so be warned!

also to the audiophiles on here bing & corollad4d how do you remove the plastic covering the rear Speakers on the 3 door i removed as many nuts and clips as i could but i just dont want to yank off anything and break it

i think new seals are the order of the day, once they are pushed for a prolonged period, it will take ages for them to spring back and might not even do so.

for your second question, you need to take out the parcel shelf, back seat, back bench, small trim in the front door sill, the part of the boot that the said speaker is in (basically that covers the fuel filler cap), also worthwhile taking the seat belt post out. then with a trim remover pry your way round. Once pryed, lift the panel upwards.

isn't the window rattling when not fully up or fully down a known 'issue' on the corolla?

wish i could help you bro but i got a 5 door so for me i just remove the door card same as the fronts and use adapters etc etc. on the rear of my car there are no plastic adapters used cos i wanted to fit 6.5" coaxials in the rear so the speaker is screwed straight into the door lol. i'll have a look around on net etc see if there are any guides, can't promise i'll find anything though.

clicky

thats the only useful link i could find even then it doesnt tell you properly...

ok i had my doorcard if you will off but didnt do all that work, i just took off the cill at front door and proceed to pull off doorcard, as far as i can remember its all just clips, was tough mind you with the seat insitu and i did have to pull the the back and base of the seat this way and that way to get it out

you going for the full oem look is that why you took tints and deflectors off??

keeping the deflectors but just removed the tint, cheers for the advise guys will be sure to have a look wonder how much those seals are from mr t might have to take a hair dryer and bend them back into shape

keeping the deflectors but just removed the tint, cheers for the advise guys will be sure to have a look wonder how much those seals are from mr t might have to take a hair dryer and bend them back into shape

don't waste your money on window seals it will still rattle as mine did new seals cost £48 each :censor: and they still rattle but i get my st next week so i don't give a s**t :yahoo:

don't waste your money on window seals it will still rattle as mine did new seals cost £48 each :censor: and they still rattle but i get my st next week so i don't give a s**t :yahoo:

thats odd because mine were perfect for the last year and a half but after i removed my deflectors i noticed the rubber was pushed away and the window would rattle because of this.

48 isnt a huge sum of money might aswell replace them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links