Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Market Research For Toyota Prius

Annabel Wood

Dear Prius forum users,

We are looking for people who own a 2nd hand Toyota Prius (either a 2nd generation or 3rd generation) to take part in market research. This would be in the form of a 20 minute telephone interview. Please reply to this thread and I will give you my contact details. If you reach the criteria and are able to take part, you will receive £20 for your participation.

Many Thanks,

Annabel Wood

CSR is an independent consultancy, conducting research studies for a broad range of clients and in many different subject areas.The discussions we hold are solely for research purposes and are always informal – an opportunity for those taking part to express their views.

We are a member of the Market Research Society and as such are bound by their Code of Conduct. Anything you may say in the course of the discussion will remain confidential and will not be related back to you.

You will never be asked to buy anything as a result of the research.

So it has to be a second hand Prius?

Hmmm, you're not trying to sell warranties or anything?

Yup, sounds suspicious to me too.... I would'nt imagine there are many gen3's second hand yet, and i wonder how many gen3's have been bought by previous gen 2 owners - a fair nimber i think?

Hi,

We're honestly not suspicious or selling warranties! You're probably right, there are not very many 2nd hand Gen 3's, only the specification for our research was that the participants have to have bought their Prius 2nd hand.

We are a legitimate market research agency called CSR International.

Thanks,

Annabel

Hi,

We're honestly not suspicious or selling warranties! You're probably right, there are not very many 2nd hand Gen 3's, only the specification for our research was that the participants have to have bought their Prius 2nd hand.

We are a legitimate market research agency called CSR International.

Thanks,

Annabel

Get paid for talking about my favourite subject? Oh go on then!

MD

So it has to be a second hand Prius?

Hmmm, you're not trying to sell warranties or anything?

No, that's Toyota UK. With we early adopters as a carefully manufactured target.

Yup, sounds suspicious to me too.... I would'nt imagine there are many gen3's second hand yet, and i wonder how many gen3's have been bought by previous gen 2 owners - a fair nimber i think?

There are a fair number of used gen3 pri for sale on the Toyota website. Ex-demo maybe?

There are a fair number of used gen3 pri for sale on the Toyota website. Ex-demo maybe?

Could be, or dissatisfied buyers, there must be some, the Prius is not everyones cup of tea although i cant think why :thumbsup:

Just had my interview.

Nothing scary, just general expectations you had and your experiences. Nothing that couldn't be gleened from reading the forums.

Had my conversation Thursday - took ten minutes - and my cheque arrived Saturday morning. Seemed like really nice people to deal with.

Easiest £20 I have received in years ! The questions were about the car – why did I buy it, where, why there, what do I like/not like the car, what would I think would improve the car. Nothing intrusive, personally, IMO, except my address so they can send the cheque. Interviewer said the survey was being done on behalf of Toyota. Cheque arrived this morning.

Strangely enough the eco credentials didn't really crop up in my interview, but fuel economy/taxation did.

My main wishlist were a less intrusive traction control and folding wing mirrors.

They obviously have their reasons why they don't include owners who purchased new. Maybe they want a true reflection of owners who WANT the Prius as these will be the ones who buy second hand. New owners do want the car but many will be influenced by company car rules or dictated to by their boss etc? Second hand owners could also be taking more of a risk as there isn't going to be much warranty left when they buy - potentially leaving them open to big bills if something goes wrong?

Anyhow, if I knew what I was on about I'd be running a Research company and not driving a cab! :unsure:

Oh dear - wrong button!

I'm still interested in the survey though. Had my Prius for three months and learning a lot from this forum!

Second hand owners could also be taking more of a risk as there isn't going to be much warranty left when they buy - potentially leaving them open to big bills if something goes wrong?

Actually it's because of the 8 year/100,000 mile warranty that I bought my 09 (March reg) gen 2 model. It still has 6.33 years/66,000 miles remaining on the hybrid bits, so there'll still be loads left to give the next owner confidence when I come to sell it. Had I bought an 09 (July reg) gen 3 with similar mileage, I'd have just 3.6 years/26,000 miles left, which I'd be likely to consume myself, and then get hit with the resultant impact on it's used value. So I actually consider I took less risk, because a late used gen 2 was a much safer option.

Hi,

We're looking for one more person to interview if anyone's interested? The specification is the same as above i.e. 2nd hand Toyota Prius, bought within the last year.

Many Thanks,

Annabel

Hi,

We're looking for one more person to interview if anyone's interested? The specification is the same as above i.e. 2nd hand Toyota Prius, bought within the last year.

Many Thanks,

Annabel

Go on then, I'd qualify, I've recently bought my second gen2 2nd hand.

I would do one if for any reason you needed another. Had my Gen 2 about 8 months.

Teach me not to check in - I could have got my car tax for the next two years paid for :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links