Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windows Fog Up Too Easily

quilmore

This only happens on my Corolla Verso (1.6l aura, 2005)

windows will fog up or condensate much quicker than in my other car (or any other car I know)

and in this cold weather I get ice on the inside of the windscreen

would you know why is that? is anyone else getting something that?

This only happens on my Corolla Verso (1.6l aura, 2005)

windows will fog up or condensate much quicker than in my other car (or any other car I know)

and in this cold weather I get ice on the inside of the windscreen

would you know why is that? is anyone else getting something that?

is the heating control set to recirculate??

you need to have fresh air coming into the cabin

drain tubes for the air-con blocked??

cabin pollen filter dirty??

is the carpet wet anywhere??

ok, will try that

but even when the car is not used I get lots of condensation (and ice on this weather) on the inside

where to check that?

not using aircon anyway

it was replaced 6 months ago, air flow is still as good as it was when replaced (almost non existing before that)

no

My Auris is the same because these cars are more air tight. Simple answer use the aircon to reduce fogging... the air con is actually designed to do this and not just there to keep you cool in summer. Apologies if you knew that already.

You may have a build up of moister. Cars parked for a long time can do this. So open a window on sunny hot days for a few hours or in winter put your heaters on to max and open a window while driving. Once you do this once maybe twice (possibly more) you should not need to do this again for a long time as long as you use your aircon.

Use the Aircon with the intake set to 'outside' DO NOT RECIRCULATE - this helps to dry out the moisture in the interior of the vehicle - helps no end on our Aygo!

- of course, you could always stop breathing in the car?? :thumbsup:

The evaporator in air-con systems also acts as a dehumidifier that why they have catch trays and drain tubes. To dry the inside of a car you therefore need to set the system to re-circulate so the air in the car is repeatedly passed over the evaporator. This procedure works best if there is no-one in the car breathing moisture into the air.

If anyone has ever used a dehumidifier to dry out flooded property or the like knows that allowing fresh air in is like trying to dry the whole worlds atmosphere.

Think of your car as a fridge - if you left the door open the cooling system will work constantly with little or no effect.

In my experience modern Toyotas seem to suffer more than most other cars - it may be due to reduced insulation in an attempt to reduce body-weight.

My son has a 1994 Clio diesel (insulation is mighty thick in the roof and bulkheads) and has had no such problems during the past two Winters - it only steams up inside whenever someone get inside yet is doesn't even have the luxury of air-con and as you know diesel engined cars are notoriously slow to heat.:)

ok, will try that

but even when the car is not used I get lots of condensation (and ice on this weather) on the inside

where to check that?

not using aircon anyway

it was replaced 6 months ago, air flow is still as good as it was when replaced (almost non existing before that)

no

i think the first call should be to blow through the drain tube(s) for the aircon

does the car smell damp when you put the heater on?

if theres no damp on the carpets anywhere inside the car(have you carried snow into the car on your shoes or got inside with a soaking wet coat on) the only other source of damp would be the aircon or the heater matrix leaking(does the car use water)

The evaporator in air-con systems also acts as a dehumidifier that why they have catch trays and drain tubes. To dry the inside of a car you therefore need to set the system to re-circulate so the air in the car is repeatedly passed over the evaporator. This procedure works best if there is no-one in the car breathing moisture into the air.

If anyone has ever used a dehumidifier to dry out flooded property or the like knows that allowing fresh air in is like trying to dry the whole worlds atmosphere.

Think of your car as a fridge - if you left the door open the cooling system will work constantly with little or no effect.

In my experience modern Toyotas seem to suffer more than most other cars - it may be due to reduced insulation in an attempt to reduce body-weight.

My son has a 1994 Clio diesel (insulation is mighty thick in the roof and bulkheads) and has had no such problems during the past two Winters - it only steams up inside whenever someone get inside yet is doesn't even have the luxury of air-con and as you know diesel engined cars are notoriously slow to heat.:)

i would never use recircluate for more than a couple of minutes with somebody inside the car,the air quality soon deteriorates

i think the first call should be to blow through the drain tube(s) for the aircon

thanks, how do I find them?

does the car smell damp when you put the heater on?

no

if theres no damp on the carpets anywhere inside the car(have you carried snow into the car on your shoes or got inside with a soaking wet coat on) the only other source of damp would be the aircon or the heater matrix leaking(does the car use water)

the car doesn't use water and no, I haven't brought snow/wet items to the car

the drain tubes are on the bulkhead behind the gearbox i think

i cant tell you how they look coz i cant remember :unsure:

does the button for recirculate actually work?

turn ignition on and radio off and press the button,you should hear something moving behind the glovebox

sorry if i arnt sounding clear on the drain tubes.i could find them but i cant explain where they are

an idea where to find them(or not) would be to run the aircon and park the car on a dry surface

after the AC's been run on max (no heat)for 10 minutes or so the drain tubes should be dripping water

I doubt if the air-con will work below 4 degrees.......

probably not ,but you could tease it to switch on with a bit of heater :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links