Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reversing Sensors Goosed On T180 Help

wardude

My reverse parking sensors have packed in. i hear there is a switch in the boot somwhere to switch them off but I cant find it anywhere or find any ref to sesors in the manual. Any ideas?? Reverse lights both working fine. No beeping at all coming from the system.

The switch is near the door, passenger side at floor level on mine. It's easy to think it's a recess for one of the trim screws.

There is nothing in the manual on the sensors. As far as I can remember, it's a separate pamphlet which came with the installation pack for the reversing sensors (as they are an optional extra as part of the protection pack).

Catching up with Guru Kev - unless he posts to negate this post :eek:

If there is a switch it's normally on the left side of the boot next to the carrier bag hook. However it is possible for the sensors to develop a fault. Mate of mine waiting to have his repaired by Mr T.

you mean in the passenger door or the passenger side in the boot. Cant find it anywhere. !Removed! things

Boot.

cheers for the photo. I deffo aint got that switch. Lights are working fine and under the bumper there is no sign of a broken wire etc. Ill get it looked at when it goes in for MOT

[ok cheers. cant see one

Mine's is different - just nipped out to check and it's in the boot, passenger side below the 12V socket, in it's own recess.

Just checked. I see the rexcess under the 12 volt supply but mine is blank :crybaby:

Ummmm?

Could be the switch is only fitted if you have a tow bar (like mine), so that the system can be turned off when hooked up?

The switch was an option. On my last one it was inside the recess for the dog guard.

Just checked. I see the rexcess under the 12 volt supply but mine is blank :crybaby:

Ummmm?

Could be the switch is only fitted if you have a tow bar (like mine), so that the system can be turned off when hooked up?

Switch has been in same place on both XTRs I have had. Never had a towbar.

Is it a fairly simple system?? ie a wire running from the reverse light for power and thats about it?? Just tried to access the reverse lights and thats a pain too. Took the inspection panel off inside the boot but I cant get in to even change a bulb nevermind check for a bust wire

I have the same problem! Mine were Ok until a couple of days ago. I thought it was just snow or ice but mow it all thawed and I the warning system doesnt work. I checked the swith and it made no difference on or off. I think that is just for the power socket. If anyone else should have any ideas please let me know

!Removed! sick. theres always summit. Mines in for MOT in Feb so ill get it looked at then. Funny how both have gone off since we had the cold weather and snow eh?

!Removed! sick. theres always summit. Mines in for MOT in Feb so ill get it looked at then. Funny how both have gone off since we had the cold weather and snow eh?

sorry to hijack the thread, but im having the opposite issue!

was working fine all weekend, then since yesterday morning whenever i engage reverse mine does a continuous beep like im near something.....

have tried cleaning sensors but no change, anyone got any ideas what it could be?

only a couple of days left on warranty and i doubt they'll touch it anyway so not looking forward to a (possibly expensive) trip to mr t's!

sorry to hijack the thread, but im having the opposite issue!

was working fine all weekend, then since yesterday morning whenever i engage reverse mine does a continuous beep like im near something.....

have tried cleaning sensors but no change, anyone got any ideas what it could be?

only a couple of days left on warranty and i doubt they'll touch it anyway so not looking forward to a (possibly expensive) trip to mr t's!

I would get on the phone to Mr T first thing in the morning. As long as you report the problem within the warranty period a repair should be honoured FOC.

I had the same problem as freestyle engage reverse and the beeping was on all the time.Took it to mr T and the system was goosed £450 for a new system they told me that the system thats available now is slightly different to the one on my T180 but luckily they had one like mine in stock otherwise dont know what I would of done.

Don, that is great thanks very much. On an other note do you know where the ECU thingymajig is?? I looked under the bumper etc and cant see it. Hope its just a fuse

Thanks for the guide anchorman, as if by magic it started working again this morning (only difference being that the fog has lifted...)

Will have a browse through the guide as not sure if the passenger side sensors are working now as they used to pick up my house wall and also didnt bother about a car on that side of the car when i reversed into a space this morning.

checked fuse and connectors etc. All ok but still not working. Ill have to get my mate with a meter to have a look at it. knew it wouldnt be a simple fuse in my case lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links