Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2008 Rav4 Xtr

JKV

Hi,

I have a 2008 4.3 XTR. My original geolanders on the front have worn to the wear limit indicators and I need some new tyres. Ive searched previous threads on here but still need your advice and experiences.

The geolanders did perform very well last year in the snow, excellent grip, no scary moments but only lasted 20,390 miles

So far the options seem to be: -

Yoko Geolanders (again)

Bridgestone duellers (mixed reviews)

Pirelli scorpion..

I have very limited experience of tyres, my previous car was a MR2 turbo, so very different to the RAV4!"

Any advice on tyres, for good wear, good grip and no probs in snow?

Am a bit anxious as thuis car is my daily driver and my wife is pregnant, so safety first!

Any help would be much appreciated

TA!

Hi,

I have a 2008 4.3 XTR. My original geolanders on the front have worn to the wear limit indicators and I need some new tyres. Ive searched previous threads on here but still need your advice and experiences.

The geolanders did perform very well last year in the snow, excellent grip, no scary moments but only lasted 20,390 miles

So far the options seem to be: -

Yoko Geolanders (again)

Bridgestone duellers (mixed reviews)

Pirelli scorpion..

I have very limited experience of tyres, my previous car was a MR2 turbo, so very different to the RAV4!"

Any advice on tyres, for good wear, good grip and no probs in snow?

Am a bit anxious as thuis car is my daily driver and my wife is pregnant, so safety first!

Any help would be much appreciated

TA!

I posted a simlar situation except that I am new to my RAV4. After considerable searching and googling, I ended up with the Geolanders again. The Duelers seem better suited to the older RAV's than the later models(?). Got mine from: HERE. Remember that this price is all inclusive too. Good luck in your quest.

I posted a simlar situation except that I am new to my RAV4. After considerable searching and googling, I ended up with the Geolanders again. The Duelers seem better suited to the older RAV's than the later models(?). Got mine from: HERE. Remember that this price is all inclusive too. Good luck in your quest.

Me too. Decided to stick with Geolanders plus I always feel more comfortable with the same tyres all round. Another site with similar prices http://www.blackcircles.com. Handy as there was an associated fitter based in same town as me.

When I bought my wife the three door Rav in June, it had done nearly 30k miles, possibly on this one set of Pirelli Scorpions

(235.55.17), so mileage not a problem. The only faults I could find with them were the incredible road noise they gave off, and the fact they were starting to crack quite badly along their outer edges. For these reasons I changed them all to Bridgestone Turanzas, which are very noticably quieter and seemed quite good in the snow and ice.

You pays yer money and takes yer choice, but I would swerve the Scorpions mainly on the noise issue.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

I've got Geolanders on this one and had Duellers on the last one. This one generates much less road noise.

Yokohama Geolanders all the way,good traction in snow,not a sign of slippage :thumbsup:

Had two sets on mine so far in 6 1/2 yrs,approx 35'000 miles on each set,motorway driving for holidays & road driving & green laning in essex / suffolk.

I'm impressed by them :yes:

Possibly considering the Geolander ' Mud Terrain' next

geolandar-mt.jpg

Although....may be a tad noisy

Thanks for the replies, from reading older posts/threads the reviews for the Bridgestones were mixed ,but you guys have cleared this up for me :thumbsup:

Thanks BigKev for the advice on the scorpions, they seemed a good tyre, but the noise would be irritating especially in the summer with the windows down!

Geolanders then for me!

From looking at the web, there appears to be a few Yokohama tyres out there??!!

YOKOHAMA A349

YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR G051

YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR G91A

Which would you fit?

In addition, a few companies are offering nitrogen /air mix? Is this a marketing hype or is there a positive benefit of such?

This is the first time I'm buying tyres for my RAV after nearly 3 years of ownership!

I'm only needing the front two tyres fitted, but haveread on here that some have all 4 changed?

My intention was to change the new ones to the back and put the older (but with plenty of tread) on the rear? Then get the tracking checked.

Would you replace all 4 tyres??

Thanks for all your help

Thanks for the link, £123 for 1x Geolander G91 fitted seems pretty good to me!

Just need to clarifgy which Geolander to go for! Thanks in advance :)

In addition, a few companies are offering nitrogen /air mix? Is this a marketing hype or is there a positive benefit of such?

I'm only needing the front two tyres fitted, but haveread on here that some have all 4 changed?

My intention was to change the new ones to the back and put the older (but with plenty of tread) on the rear? Then get the tracking checked.

Would you replace all 4 tyres??

Free air already comes with 78% of Nitrogen. Some companies offer 100% Nitrogen at a cost - but I don't think the extra 22% will be of much benefit as millions seem to do okay without it. 100% Nitrogen has some advantages for certain conditions - but for domestic UK purposes I wouldn't bother.

Thanks for the link, £123 for 1x Geolander G91 fitted seems pretty good to me!

Just need to clarifgy which Geolander to go for! Thanks in advance :)

Mine (08 4.3 XTR D4D) had the G91A's on so this is what I replaced them with. See that the price of the tyres has gone up since 10 or so days ago - they were £117 each fitted then, I suppose it's the new VAT rate...? :blink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links