Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Rattle

Pogle

It seems that a few 4.2's suffer from a rattle that sounds as if it comes from somewhere at the base of the windscreen. Mine did and over time I've had the stereo out, put packing between screen and outer panel etc but to all no avail. Bu**er me but Mrs Pogle is driving the other day and I'm doing my nut again about the rattle when she tells me it is coming from the overhead panel housing the interior light/sunroof switch etc.

Husband v. wife no it isn't/yes it is follows but she turned out to be right. Put my hand on it whilst she was driving, applied a bit of pressure and rattle stops! It never ever sounded as if it was coming from there but I dismantled it and made sure there was nothing that could vibrate by way of a bit of packing and it's now rattle free.

It might be something to try if you are trying to trace the source like I was. Silence is golden!

Hi Pogle

Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Glad you have found the cursed ' rattle ' on your rav4,my cb radio is bolted ( kind of ) through that roof panel,but its never ' rattled ' from there.

But i do occassionally get the rattle you mention,have to try what you did when it ' rattles ' again.

' hold my hand there and listen carefully '

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links