Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Insurance

monya

I am considering this as the quote is cheaper than my existing policy. Has anyone had good or bad experiences you could share?

I was quoted £857 from Toyota Insurance, £507 from LV, guess which one I went with....

They don't seem to be the cheapest (in most cases) but they do guarantee that your car will be repaired with genuine Toyota parts, so that might be something to consider.

I guess its like anything... Pay more and in the event you have a claim you know its 100% going to Toyota.... Pay less and you don't have a claim and you pocket the difference =/

If its cheaper than your current and the cover is good don't see why not to move. No past experience of them and it's underwritten by a japanese insurer I think (obviously a world wide company).

They tend to be pricier but the few people here that insure their cars with them regularly have been happy with them.

I keep getting really silly quotes from them; Apparently they all think I live in a high crime area :eek: (It's the west side I tell them damnit! The east side is nice! We even have flowers! :lol:)

They don't seem to be the cheapest (in most cases) but they do guarantee that your car will be repaired with genuine Toyota parts, so that might be something to consider.

you have the right to have the repairs carried out at toyota workshop if you wish no matter what insurance co you use.

Having looked online at the motor insurance policy, Toyota Motor Insurance is based in Stoke-on-Trent and operates as a broker using a number of motor insurers (the policy mentions in more than one place about the insurer mentioned on your insurance schedule). As regards repairs, they use a network of Toyota Motor Insurance approved repairers and use genuine Toyota parts. Please note that the repairers may not necessarily be Toyota dealers.

Like any insurance quote it is a case of deciding which insurer offers you the best value.

Which? recommended provider

The star rating is for Ease of quote

1st percentage - Customer score

2nd percentage - Which? policy score

3rd percentage - Total score

NFU Mutualgood-sml-point-lhs.gifstar5.jpg88%82%85%

50plus Insurance Servicesgood-sml-point-lhs.gifstar5.jpg78%68%73%

LV=/Frizzellgood-sml-point-lhs.gifstar5.jpg71%73%72%

Nationwide BSgood-sml-point-lhs.gifstar5.jpg68%75%71%

AgeUK (Age Concern)good-sml-point-lhs.gifn/a65%75%70%

John Lewis Insurancegood-sml-point-lhs.gifstar5.jpg70%70%70%

Sagagood-sml-point-lhs.gifstar4.jpg63%76%70%

The Co-operative Insurancegood-sml-point-lhs.gifstar4.jpg67%70%69%

RIASgood-sml-point-lhs.gifstar5.jpg68%63%67%

Some of the above deal specifically with certain customer groups (eg Saga deal with over-50's). In a recent Which? report the above insurers were recommended by Which? for offering not the cheapest policy, but for offering a policy that meets Which? criteria - see below - and that provides good customer satisfaction:

In compiling the policy analysis, we score 53 areas of the policy. The basis for how we distribute scores is based primarily on how the policy compares to the rest of the market. A weighting is applied to each area depending on how we rate its importance. The combined policy score is expressed as a percentage.

Although everyone will have their own preferences in relation to what they want from a car insurance policy, Which? applies thresholds in its scoring of some areas, marking levels of cover that our research reveals are particularly important. For example, provision of cover for personal belongings (£100+), medical expenses (£100+), legal costs (£5m+), the option of courtesy car, and also emergency helplines, windscreen helplines and legal advice helplines. Where policies fall short in these areas, they are given the lowest available score.

To be a Which? Recommended Provider, brands must marry a high product standard with good customer service - as an insurer should be able to keep the processes of using their service and making claims as stress free as possible.

You should be able to get contact details by using a search engine (Google). Try some of the above for quotes and see how you get on.

Toyota Insurance was more than double what my current insurer quoted me. For me, it just wasn't worth it.

They came out stupidly expensive for me at over £800, Im insured with Sky Insurance and only pay £355

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links