Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Radio Question

fuel miser

I already understand how the TA info system works, but now I'm on my 2nd Prius I've never sussed how to solve the following immensely irritating problem. When I drive on a long trip, how do I stay tuned to Radio 2? (I usually listen to this as it's a national station and the frequent traffic reports keep me informed of any problems well in advance). I find I continually lose the signal every 30-40 miles or so, and I keep having to rescan for it, which is a fiddle because I can't do this from the audio buttons on the steering wheel (it'll only select the pre-set stations, but it won't find any once you're 50 miles away from where you'd originally pre-set them). I have to take my eyes off the road and search for the up/down seek buttons. It continually drives me nuts, especially when it starts to hiss and crackle just before the traffic info, and it often searches right through the entire band, stopping on all the other stations I don't want, before I can eventually pick it up again, invariably just in time to hear 'Sally Traffic' handing back to the DJ. :censor: :crybaby: The same also happens if I try listening to Radio 4 for anything more than 20 minutes.

Is there any way I can select a setting that'll automatically stay tuned to a national station wherever I happen to be in the country?

On the FM screen there is an "AF" button you need to select AF on REG off to follow the station over a distance. When you press the AF button "AF" appears at the top of the screen (this is: AF on REG off that you need), if you press it again "AF REG" appears (AF on REG on), press again and they both disappear (AF off REG off). further presses cycle through these 3 options. So what you need to see is just "AF" at the top of your FM screen.

You def need AF on as this constantly scans for the strongest signal and automatically changes it. if you leave the audio screen up on a long journey you should see the frequency change occasionally. I drive into London quite regularly and radio 2 changes about 3 times each way!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links