Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio Won't Clip In

Deepsky

Got my corolla the other day off my parents who've had it since new and have never messed around with it and has an annoying issue with the stereo half hanging out on the top edge and left side and won't push/clip back in.

Kinda annoying as it looks rather unsightly and keeps making a creaking noise.

I've tried pushing and prying it back in but just won't stay.It's been like this since my parents have had it... Any ideas?

dsc00725jv.jpg

dsc00726j.jpg

i think the clips might not be aligned properly. fish the whole thing out and check you haven't got a wire tangled in there.

There are 4 bolts also holding it in so i don't know how it can hang like that unless they are loose.

Yeah it's a bit of a design fault with the pre-facelift version.

Not much you can really do about it as such, but i know of another member who's solution was to heat it up slowly with a heatgun, and gently push it back in.

I'm not sure if it works, as i've not done it myself, otherwise, its a case if live and lump it, i've had it for over 7yrs now, get used to it after a while :lol:

Bing

:thumbsup:

that looks a bit worse than the "standard gap" design fault to me

If that's worse than the standard gap, then i hate to think what you would say about my gap then, mine's alot worst than that :lol:

What about if I got a new fascia and put in my old pioneer stereo from my other car?

Once you remove the H/U from it's original fit in the pre-facelift version, it's will never be the same again for some reason, big design fault somewhere along the line.

But saying that, nrgizerbunny has managed to overcome this, and sorted it in his car :thumbsup:

I managed to solve the gap issue with a double din h/u but im not sure how tho lol.

Your lucky then, i can get a pound coin within my gaps :lol:

mine is like that but not quite so bad. thought the dealer had been fiddling with something before I bought it but Ive seen several others in car parks and they all seem to do it!

• 2 weeks later...

Any way to stop it creaking? it's driving me FREAKIN BONKERS! :censor: :!Removed!:

bblue tack? lol. get it out and have a look. then cant you put it back in with a bit of blue tack filling the gap so its hidden. will still have the gap but at least it wont be hannging forard like that! :)

congrats on getting corolla though mate :) great allround car and nice to drive. worth the buy just for the enine

congrats on getting corolla though mate :) great allround car and nice to drive. worth the buy just for the enine

Aye cheers dude. Yeah its not a bad little motor really although i'm surprised it's not a bit more economical.

Although, having driven a Xedos 9 2.5l supercharged V6 for several years before hand i guess i just need to adjust the useage of my right foot slightly :yahoo:

Still, can't complain really, i'm still getting at least twice the MPG.

But yeah i'm going to pull the stereo out soon and put my pioneer in. the CD player is really ****** me off as well, keeps randomly skipping and can't listen to any of my music :crybaby:

Hi

Looking at those pics it seems like your unit is hanging out...and i personally have never seen a unit on a Rolla like that...unless its been caused by continous removal and fitting by a previous owner maybe!

Anyway i noticed i had a slight gap...ie sticking out on the top left of my fascia...so as i was in the mood today...i removed it completely...checked no lugs etc were broken...stuck a big blob of blue-tack in that top corner and fitted it back...and its worked a treat!..No more gap! Looks a lot better now! Lets see if it pops back out again lol!

Takecare all!

Sammy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links