Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blind Spot

miqe

I had a near miss today with a fellow (white car) iq driver. It was dark and in spite of a my obvious signal to move left into inside lane of dual carriage way he or she tried to undertake me. Popular shopping centre exit in Washington, Tyne and Wear Thankfully I just saw them in time through the rear 'porthole' and I readjusted my position. They actually needed to be in my lane to turn right but still thought they could charge up the inside. Please fellow iq drivers let's at least show each other courtesy. This blind spot is definitely a problem. Be careful out there.

get yourself a couple of small wide angle mirrors to stick on the outer edge of your mirrors takes a couple of minutes to adjust and you'll find they cover your blind spot. I have them on both mirrors of both the cars works a treat , you can pick them up cheap enough poundland , qd, wilkinsons , you dont need to spend a fortune at Halfords etc save you ,loads of problems

A simple shoulder check as the OP did suffices - it's !Removed! good driving and what I wish everyone did. Wide angle mirrors are OK but should not negate your spacial awareness. The OP's sound judgement and awareness got then out of this situation, which by the sounds of it, is down to the poor driving of another IQ driver by trying to undertake and be an idiot.

Mind you - 2 IQ's into each other? What are the chances eh?

A simple shoulder check as the OP did suffices - it's !Removed! good driving and what I wish everyone did. Wide angle mirrors are OK but should not negate your spacial awareness. The OP's sound judgement and awareness got then out of this situation, which by the sounds of it, is down to the poor driving of another IQ driver by trying to undertake and be an idiot.

Mind you - 2 IQ's into each other? What are the chances eh?

2 IQ running into each other would that be SNAP.

They should all be made to ride a motor bike first......

I'm with you there...feeling so vulnerable really sharpens your awareness.(or should)

get yourself a couple of small wide angle mirrors to stick on the outer edge of your mirrors takes a couple of minutes to adjust and you'll find they cover your blind spot. I have them on both mirrors of both the cars works a treat , you can pick them up cheap enough poundland , qd, wilkinsons , you dont need to spend a fortune at halfords etc save you ,loads of problems

Having paid out £350 for a replacement mirror through no fault of my own recently, I'd be a bit nervous about making the mirrors even wider! They already stick out like wing nuts and are quite vulnerable to damage.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links