Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

White Spots On Alloys

kevinvic

I brought my wife's rav over with us from Cyprus. The alloys were immaculate, now they look awful with white spots on them. I have read that this is oxidisation but can I get rid of it and if so what with? The car is being sold soon and overall it is in A1 condition but the alloys are letting it down.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Kev

I brought my wife's rav over with us from Cyprus. The alloys were immaculate, now they look awful with white spots on them. I have read that this is oxidisation but can I get rid of it and if so what with? The car is being sold soon and overall it is in A1 condition but the alloys are letting it down.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Kev

hi kev,yes sounds like the wheels have corrosion,do you live near the coast,cos salt in the air does not help.

you can put a lacquer on them to protect them but its now in your case its shutting the stable after the horse has bolted.also having them refurbished is not going to be cheap.

There are quite a few firms who will do exchange reconditioned wheels now.

I have just designed a shot blast machine specifically for the preparation work on alloy wheels, its selling like hot cakes so there must be a big demand.

Phil

So I take it there is nothing that will get rid of the ugly marks? I spent 6 years living by the sea in Cyprus and no probs, moved to Nottingham, no sea here, and the alloys rust. :unsure:

So I take it there is nothing that will get rid of the ugly marks? I spent 6 years living by the sea in Cyprus and no probs, moved to Nottingham, no sea here, and the alloys rust. :unsure:

Acid rain

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links