Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Front Bumper Protector

Michelin

Does anyone know if you can fit the front bumper protector without taking the bumper off. Is it hard to do on a T180 , noticed you have to drill holes in the bumper to fit the nuts and bolts. Has anyone else attempted this. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Mark

Does anyone know if you can fit the front bumper protector without taking the bumper off. Is it hard to do on a T180 , noticed you have to drill holes in the bumper to fit the nuts and bolts. Has anyone else attempted this. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Mark

If you are meaning the stock 'Front Guard', then yes, the bumper does have to come off. Not as daunting as it looks so long as you plan ahead and take your time. Tape up the vulnerable areas and get a blanket to lay the removed bumper on. If you can have some assistance to lift bumper on and off, so much the better. The bumper should be marked on the back with drilling positions so follow the instructions and double check before you commit to drilling - see here: AIM

I do know of one member whose bumper had no drilling positions marked but that seems to have been an exception.

Allow a couple of hours for an unhurried job. Worth 'Waxoyling' exposed steel members whilst the bumper is off too :thumbsup:

Mark

If you are meaning the stock 'Front Guard', then yes, the bumper does have to come off. Not as daunting as it looks so long as you plan ahead and take your time. Tape up the vulnerable areas and get a blanket to lay the removed bumper on. If you can have some assistance to lift bumper on and off, so much the better. The bumper should be marked on the back with drilling positions so follow the instructions and double check before you commit to drilling - see here: AIM

I do know of one member whose bumper had no drilling positions marked but that seems to have been an exception.

Allow a couple of hours for an unhurried job. Worth 'Waxoyling' exposed steel members whilst the bumper is off too :thumbsup:

I can confirm 'Davrav' post, I did it by my self but preferably to have someone to help you down with the bumper. Easy job and to be drilled holes are already marked on back of bumper. :thumbsup:

Hi slightly off topic but anyway I have a 2011 SR with protection kit cannot understand why skid plate is painted silver (car colour light cappuccino) has anyone painted theirs.

Hi slightly off topic but anyway I have a 2011 SR with protection kit cannot understand why skid plate is painted silver (car colour light cappuccino) has anyone painted theirs.

It's painted silver because it's not painted black - which is the only other option I believe :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links