Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Creaking Yaris T-Sport

paulbrna

Hi

I've a 2004 Yaris T-Sport. A lovely car but recently it has started to creak something awful when moving around slowly.

So, I'm in the garage and move the car forward a little (or back) and the car *creaks*. I can't tell where the creaking is coming from (front? rear? both?) but it sure is noticeable.

The suspension seems fine - and the car is holding the road well and seems to cope with small potholes OK.

The main thing, is the car unsafe?

The garage told me the rear axle bushes will need replacing but I suspect a suspension problem.

Any advice?

All the best

Paul

Surely it is T Spirit not T Sport?

Hi

I've a 2004 Yaris T-Sport. A lovely car but recently it has started to creak something awful when moving around slowly.

So, I'm in the garage and move the car forward a little (or back) and the car *creaks*. I can't tell where the creaking is coming from (front? rear? both?) but it sure is noticeable.

The suspension seems fine - and the car is holding the road well and seems to cope with small potholes OK.

The garage told me the rear axle bushes will need replacing but I suspect a suspension problem.

Any advice?

All the best

Paul

Hi Paul,

It maybe that all the dry weather we have had lately has initiated this noise. I usually treat all rubber bushes/mountings with silicon spray before I look elsewhere and I usually do this every time I have a wheel off. Just ensure that joints/bushes are clean before spraying, I usually hose down these areas first to ensure that the road grit/dirt is removed. With regard to safety if rubber is split or missing even ( as on my daughters Yaris last year!) then get garage to take a look. If it doesn't look right then it probably is an issue.

Regards,

vmax1

Hi

Any advice?

All the best

Paul

Hi Paul,

It maybe that all the dry weather we have had lately has initiated this noise. I usually treat all rubber bushes/mountings with silicon spray before I look elsewhere and I usually do this every time I have a wheel off. Just ensure that joints/bushes are clean before spraying, I usually hose down these areas first to ensure that the road grit/dirt is removed. With regard to safety if rubber is split or missing even ( as on my daughters Yaris last year!) then get garage to take a look. If it doesn't look right then it probably is an issue.

Regards,

vmax1

Thanks a lot - I will follow your advice.

I had not thought of the effect of the dry weather.

Much appreciated

Paul

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links