Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange? Average Mpg Resets When Auto Lock

TyphoonTerry

Hi.

I haven't seen a thread with regards to this. Anyone come across this?

I noticed that the average mpg resets to zero if you unlock the car with the remote, but then don't open the doors and let it auto relock. That is really weird!

I did also open a thread asking if there was a way to disable the auto reset of the average mpg when you refuel, but no answers. What triggers the reset when you refuel? Opening the flap? Anyone know?

Intrigued!

Terry

Hi.

I haven't seen a thread with regards to this. Anyone come across this?

I noticed that the average mpg resets to zero if you unlock the car with the remote, but then don't open the doors and let it auto relock. That is really weird!

I did also open a thread asking if there was a way to disable the auto reset of the average mpg when you refuel, but no answers. What triggers the reset when you refuel? Opening the flap? Anyone know?

Intrigued!

Terry

Hi Terry,

that is strange as my car does not reset the average mpg when filling up with fuel the only thing that changes is the miles left in the tank. This is long shot but maybe resetting the ECU to factory settings by disconnecting the Negative Battery lead for a few minutes MAY solve it.

Regards ... Pete.

• Like 1

Hi Pete.

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion. I have actually tried to reproduce the average fuel reset after unlocking and allowing auto relock, but it won't do it now. It must have been just a glitch. Strange one though!

If it does it again, I will try the Battery disconnect.

I should actually be needing to disconnect the Battery soon as I am going to have a go at adding cruise control :blink: . Just waiting for the stalk to arrive, and then going to follow the guide on a previous post on here.

The owners manual does say that the average fuel reading resets every time you refuel. There is no mention of being able to disable that feature. It is annoying, because I would like to run the car over a period of time, say 6 months, to give a more realistic figure. Of course, I could always go down the route of recording mileage against fuel put in, but I am lazy! There is also the question of how accurate the average fuel consumption reading actually is!, but it is showing close to what I would expect, except for motorway driving! It seems to drink diesel at an alarming rate on the motorway (approx. 42mpg)! That contradicts the "official" figures! There again, I am normally driving at just over the legal limit (not excessive I hasten to add). I suspect that the turbo is just kicking in, hence the high fuel consumption? Don't know much about diesels, as you may have guessed :unsure: .

All comments gratefully received.

Terry

my average used to stay the same all the time until i have disconnected my Battery, afterwards figures look bit more realistic. Also my average functions goes up to 99mpg and then straight to 0mpg, but that happens when i am half way through my fuel tank. Its crazy :eek:

Hi. What a strange coincidence! I had put the fuel reset down to the fact that I had let the car auto lock, but you reply says that it happened to you when you had half a tank remaining. That is exactly when mine reset to zero!

Would be nice to see 99mpg, :lol:

Terry

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links