Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem With Corolla Rpm ?

lubobg

Hi guys , i have little problem with my corolla e12 2002 the engine is 3zz-fe ... the problem is that when the engine heats the rpm drop by 500-550 and i feel vibrations on the stearing wheel .. its not the best feeling in the world :huh: , i've noticed that when the car is moving and i switch gear to neutral the rpm are stable - 700 ... the air filter is changed :help:

When the temperature is high (i.e. during summer) I think its normal for the engine to drop to 550rpm (and consequently feel a little vibration). Mine does it too. Ofcourse we are talking about a little normal vibration (not any crazy rattle).

Try to switch on the lights or the A/C. You will see that the rpm will stabilize a little higher and the vibration will be gone.

In anycase, as I said, I think it's normal.

When the temperature is high (i.e. during summer) I think its normal for the engine to drop to 550rpm (and consequently feel a little vibration). Mine does it too. Ofcourse we are talking about a little normal vibration (not any crazy rattle).

Try to switch on the lights or the A/C. You will see that the rpm will stabilize a little higher and the vibration will be gone.

In anycase, as I said, I think it's normal.

when i switch the A/C on , the rpm are normal and there is no vibrations , but i think this is not a solution .

I have not proposed to you to switch on the A/C as a solution. I just wanted to see if your idle is "active" and there is no problem with it.

I have tested the idle with OBD during summer time and very hot weather (I live in Greece), and actually the lowest idle is about 620rpm (even if it seems in the rev-counter like 550rpm).

Since your idle is active and works just fine, I don't think you have any problem.

Mine does the same. 3zz-fe too. The engine is 20 000 miles now and the only thing that helps is constant cleaning of the throttle body and the MAF sensor.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links