Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Shortram

etihad

Hi all,

I'm thinking in investing into a K&N shortram for my compressor to get the supercharger whine. I'm just wondering is there any problems which are likely to creep up apart from the MAF sensor wiring being too short? Will I see an increase in performance over the standard air filter box? Also is there a better induction kit to get rather than the K&N shortram for the compressor?

Blitz kits are supposed to be better as they are a dry filter as well are apexi ones.

A'PEXi FTMFW!!! :lol:

Jap parts for Jap cars!!

:thumbsup:

I'll be fitting one of these to my corolla in the next month

AEM

Not going for the short ram, im going for the one that runs down towards the front bumper!! POOOOOWER!!

What one you going for?

Like the look of them. Do any fit the pfl?

Doesn't have a 2002 listed

AEM

Not going for the short ram, im going for the one that runs down towards the front bumper!! POOOOOWER!!

You may need to be prepared to cut/fabricate some bits and pieces in the engine bay to make it fit.

The US Corolla's have different engine bays and i know that has to be done for the TRD intake

thumbsup.gif

With a short ram kit the Apex'i will defo make a nice induction sound.. but one thing to also balance out this argument is that a short ram kit will heat soak, I'm assuming the compressor doesn't come with a intercooler or charge cooler as standard so with compressing the air and heat soak you might be surprised to find that the only benefit you will get it in the induction sound department.. The AEM long ram that sits in a cold air position would be your best bet, and since that has cone type filter you should get the induction sound as well.. but they do cost quite alot more..

Got a Powertec for my pfl T Sport, no probs with maf wires and a dry filter, I then fitted it to the Comp had to re-plumb a bit as pfl and fl differ a bit with the vac pipes.

Don't get the deep induction noise that you get with the T Sport but charger whine is something else :yahoo:

I have a powertec filter on at the moment had to make a warranty claim on the last one as the so called stainless mesh started to rust in patches. Want to make a closed cold air system with a ram air pipe.

AEM

You'll be cleaning it every week, one wet day and you'll be pulling **** out of it for weeks! :lol:

It will be wearing a nice little dry charger all through winter.

I'll take it off for pod days, meets and spirited driving days.

Can't wait.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links