Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any Self-Ding-Remover Experts Out There?

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi people

Typical start to my day...got to work...and opened my drivers door onto my friends Ford fiesta wing mirror...luckily no damge to her car...(my fault i know...im driving around with no indoor panels whilst sorting out my Speakers lol)...but i now have a sort of shallow ding just above my door handle which looks annoying...any ideas on how i could push it out myself?

Im thinking remove the inner door lock mechanism to make space and maybe push it/massage it out with the rubber butt of a screwdriver maybe???

Please help!

P/s...cant afford to pay the real PDR guys at the moment lol! :crybaby:

Hi people

Typical start to my day...got to work...and opened my drivers door onto my friends Ford fiesta wing mirror...luckily no damge to her car...(my fault i know...im driving around with no indoor panels whilst sorting out my speakers lol)...but i now have a sort of shallow ding just above my door handle which looks annoying...any ideas on how i could push it out myself?

Im thinking remove the inner door lock mechanism to make space and maybe push it/massage it out with the rubber butt of a screwdriver maybe???

Please help!

you can buy a thing a bit like a sink plunger that pulls out dents, but it will depend on what kind of dent/ding youve got.they are not very expensive,im sure Halfords or the like wiil sell them.but what you dont want to do is make the damage worse.

so if you need professional help its going to be more costly.

Hi people

Typical start to my day...got to work...and opened my drivers door onto my friends Ford fiesta wing mirror...luckily no damge to her car...(my fault i know...im driving around with no indoor panels whilst sorting out my speakers lol)...but i now have a sort of shallow ding just above my door handle which looks annoying...any ideas on how i could push it out myself?

Please help!

you can buy a thing a bit like a sink plunger that pulls out dents, but it will depend on what kind of dent/ding youve got.they are not very expensive,im sure Halfords or the like wiil sell them.but what you dont want to do is make the damage worse.

so if you need professional help its going to be more costly.

Screwfix sell em they are only a couple of squid. They look a bit like them things you carry pains of glass with.

If you have the door cards off I would rather use the inside of the door to try and push it out first.

Is it a big dent with no hard edges (no cracked paint), or like a pin indentation where it has cracked the paint.

I would try running something over it from the inside first, maybe not a screwdriver but something like a tennis ball with varying levels of pressure behind it to see if you can push it out.

I wouldn't try using anything on the actual paintwork untill I had tried pushing it out first.

Let us know how you get on.

GOOD advice Abzjason...i'll defo try pushing it out first...i know those plunger thingys wont work as the ding is so small...not sharp though...no broken paint...it looks as if someone pushed it in with one's finger...if you can imagine that lol! I just need to get to that point so i can push it out! I'll defo let you know how i get on at the weekend.

I have another slight in-dent on the rear passenger side wheel arch...that will have to be a professional job as you defo cant push or pull on that section...aint worth the expense getting that fixed.

:thumbsup:

I hate dents on cars especially the shopping trolley ones :censor:

or ones caused by people not holding onto door when getting out in a car park on windy days.

(mostly women, sorry sam).

Try this it works :thumbsup:

interesting stuff! I have a dent that needs removing so this has been most helpful :)

Hey thanks guys...And hmmmmm...i'd SERIOUSLY like to try that "heat em up and spray compressed air on it" idea but where on earth do i get hold of compressed air in a can lads??? :!Removed!:

Hey thanks guys...And hmmmmm...i'd SERIOUSLY like to try that "heat em up and spray compressed air on it" idea but where on earth do i get hold of compressed air in a can lads??? :!Removed!:

Computer shop it is the stuff they use to blow the dust out of PC's only when you use it on the car you must hold it upside down ;)

yh but that trick doesnt do all the dents, like he said the dent has to have been bounced in if theres a crease it wont work.

How have you got on removing the dent Sam? Any luck yet?

yes we would all like to know.

also how did you get on replacing your aerial a while back.

NO ATTEMPS MADE YET...SORRY...Im still hunting compressed air in a can...will defo keep you all updated!

Before i go...i just rememberd...i have one of those Ding King thingys in the loft i purchsed a couple of years back...had a dent on my Avensis wing at the time...even though i followed the instructions to the "T"...i wont say what happend...bring on the hair dryer and compressed air thingy anyday of the week lol!

:thumbsup:

..Im still hunting compressed air in a can...will defo keep you all updated!

Hi,

Bought one from a large branch of Tescos for £4-5, usually in the computer accessories section where they have cheap keyboards, mice and blank cd /dvds

Just an update mateys...I gave up on my likkle ding thing...couldnt find any easy access to it...so i thought...forget it...my other half recons likkle dings n scratches ADD character to a car! :huh: He's nuts!...but kinda right in a way if you made em lol! ;)

Just an update mateys...I gave up on my likkle ding thing...couldnt find any easy access to it...so i thought...forget it...my other half recons likkle dings n scratches ADD character to a car! :huh: He's nuts!...but kinda right in a way if you made em lol! ;)

Got to agree with your man you either live with them or get rid of the car, I have done both myself before now :unsure:

Got to agree with your man you either live with them or get rid of the car, I have done both myself before now :unsure:

Sorry Eddie but why would you wanna get rid of the car over a few dings n dents n scratches that YOU made? I say live with them and then tell the new owner how careful you were as the owner...but when they pick up on things :!Removed!: you come out with..."oh that likkle ding...oh you'll never believe the one time i"....and so forth for each ding n scracth and see their reaction...if they laugh @ your stories you've got a chance of selling...if they look at you weird start to consider a price drop lol! :thumbsup:

Sorry Eddie but why would you wanna get rid of the car over a few dings n dents n scratches that YOU made? I say live with them and then tell the new owner how careful you were as the owner...but when they pick up on things :!Removed!: you come out with..."oh that likkle ding...oh you'll never believe the one time i"....and so forth for each ding n scracth and see their reaction...if they laugh @ your stories you've got a chance of selling...if they look at you weird start to consider a price drop lol! :thumbsup:

Its not just the dings its the overall condition of the car, dings of sorts I can live with but if the car is falling appart and things need changing then its easier to shift it on :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Hi people

Please help!

Hey its good to see one of my old threads come up again for once :D Thanks Geoffrey r allen

As for dings...Ahh i've just learnt to live with them :P Life's to short to worry about them ;)

Bet if i get a new one tomorrow i'll :crybaby: lol

i have used dent pullers in the past, and i must admit their success rate is pretty hit and miss, if the ding is a small deep one i doubt that a dent puller would remove it.

As you already have the inner door panel off, try pushing the dent out from the inside as abzjason has suggested, i did this on a previous car, applying pressure from the inside and the dent popped out, i also used the Dent Devil Guy's on my current car to remove a dent, and basically their technique is to massage the dent out from the inside, the guy lowered the window right down, then placed a couple of protection thingy's between glass and panel, then places a wedge between the protection things which creates space to enable him to place a specially designed tool a bit like a small golf club into the space, he then rotates the club end back and forth against the inside of the dent and gently eases it out, on the outer face of the door skin he placed a mirror type thing at an angle adjacent to the dent which was held in place by suction, as he eased the dent out he kept checking the outer profile of the door skin against the mirror, its amazing how simple these guys make it look, and the dent was removed in minutes good as new. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links